Weaving a Co-opernation

Ah, I’ve got an addition.

We should offer up as one option a class based system for life with the ‘Feat’ and ‘Fate’ points are replaced with some sort of ‘Work’ and ‘Fun’ packages!

The key is in what it’s designed for. You design to be organic, and to specifically draw in the people who love that sort of thing, and then let them show us what drives them using evidence based methods to make sure we’ve go all the bases covered. Psychologically, they’ll almost feel like they’ve gamed the system, and that’s true in a way, but the system benefits too.

If we maximize the number of opportunities for people to be doing work enthusiastically, then that’s not really as much work for them and they’ll be better at it for their motivation, and that’s less ‘work’ overall, isn’t it?

We’d even be able to funnel people into some of those generally undesirable jobs by giving them huge bonuses in the life-creation process. We’d even want to offer up the sorts of things that motivate the people who cheerily contribute to the greater good in that whole range of jobs from Janitor to Teacher to Trauma Surgeon, right? So perhaps autonomy or access to prototypes, projects, or groups of people that we set up because they love rewarding these awesome people. . . you see where I’m going?

There’s got to be a productivity edge in there somewhere, right? I mean, people in MMOs grind for something between fun and a mad obsession. Let’s tap that!

1 Like