Why do you sabotage yourself when trying to break bad habits?

[Permalink]

What is the woman supposed to be eating in that picture? Some kind of mollusk?

That seems to be a poor habit to try and break. Mollusks are great.

1 Like

I thought it was because I suck and Iā€™m not worthy of a better life.

2 Likes

That certainly is a mysterious object, isnā€™t it? I give up trying to figure it out - itā€™s a triffid.

Iā€™m seeing some sort of unhappy alienā€¦

I assume that he is unhappy because the top of his head has been removed to allow access to his brains (which I have heard are quite similar to Turkish Delight).

The link to Corie Howellā€™s photo is brokenā€¦
[365] 096 | Corie Howell

1 Like

How is it an extinction burst if it pops up months or years after being habit-free?

1 Like

Maybe some random thing (a smell, perhaps) makes the old habit seem present again? I think the idea is that really ingrained habits have extinction bursts of decreasing frequency, but when the reward cycle in question was so strong to begin with, the probability of a future extinction burst (and relapse) remains non-zero indefinitely. Strong rewards being things like smoking, drinking, bulimic binges, etc.

1 Like

I actually missed your comment and found the image all over again via html inspect > reverse image search > proper credit on one of the billion articles on ā€œbinge eating disorderā€ that uses this image > flickr.

Interestingly, nothing in the description or the comments sheds light on the ā€˜what the hell is thatā€™ matter. Everyone just asks about the weird plasticy high-dynamic-range-but-not-really image treatment.

Ok, CSI:BB troopers. Weā€™ve come this far. You ask her.

ps. Thereā€™s also a cat or similar in the uncropped image. The plot thickens.

1 Like

Muffins, I think. Possibly cupcakes. Iā€™m kind of surprised the model isnā€™t juggling a cigarette in that hand as well.

3 Likes

Seems to be of a ghostly natureā€¦

I think that she is just eating a cupcake that has been torn in two and partially nommed upon. One can even see what appears to be the ribs of the cupcake cup.

1 Like

ā€œPour me a flagon of the blood of myne enemy, the Filled Dough Nut.ā€

2 Likes

Perhaps something like a cannoli?

Now I want a cannoliā€¦

1 Like

Her bad habit is to break into strangersā€™ homes to eat Rocky Mountain oysters and chug all their Worcestershire sauce.

5 Likes

I would have been damning you if I saw this earlier, but I will be walking into a Cuban bakery in 30 seconds, soā€¦

3 Likes

Two giant walnuts and a bottle of salad dressing. Breakfast of champions!

1 Like

Bad habits are compulsions which prevent us from achieving our full potential, which is what makes them ā€œbad.ā€ These can be social problems, unhealthy habits, or simple time wasters. They save us from the stress and risk that would come with accomplishment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.