Why the hyper-rich turn into crybabies when "one percent" is invoked

it IS possible to "create wealth" while at the same time not take it away from others.
Um, what?

Nowhere have I said that’s not possible. I suggest you go back and read my posts and steer away from fallacious arguments with me in the future if you want me to take you seriously.

This is the premise behind Google’s “don’t be evil.”

I don’t think you could have found a more laughable example considering all the evil Google has done.

Perkins’ wealth creation did good for a lot of people

Once again, nowhere have I said that didn’t happen for some people.

What you’re missing is that in order for him to become so vastly wealthy and the others he enabled to become billionaires, they had to shove the externalities they created onto the rest of society in order to garner such ridiculous amounts of money.

There’s no way in hell one can acquire that much ridiculous wealth without externalities being shoved aside for the rest of society to pick up. I’m sure you’d like examples and I don’t blame you (although you could look this up yourself if you’re so inclined), so here’s a sampling:

• Perkins partnered with Eugene Kleiner who started Fairchild Semiconductor which has created massive amounts of pollution issues that they thrust upon the rest of society.

Fairchild Semiconductor has leaked tens of thousands of gallons of toxic solvents into the ground which residents and even state officials strongly suspect caused a high rate of birth defects in the area.

Let me know when Perkins and his good buddy Eugene Kleiner are going to dip into their vast wealth to take care of all those people growing up with birth defects. Nah, just let the rest of society deal with it. Also, why put in pollution controls and cut into vast profits to do that when you can just be a bum who has others suffer the consequences?

Oh, and they’ve got a fucking superfund pollution site:

Guess who mostly pays for superfund sites? For the most part, everyone except the billionaires. Yep, society does in many more ways than one. The vast wealthy sure as hell never live anywhere near superfund sites, that’s for sure. That’s for the “others” to do.

Just pay some fines down the road and keep being a megalomaniac, right?

• Perkins seeded Genentech. Once again, they sure don’t want to cut into those profits they “earned” by not cutting corners.

Genentech overlooked 80,000 adverse reaction complaints including 15,000 tied to deaths.

Read the Reuters story.

There’s many more examples if you bother to look…

Unlike these filthy billionaires, I’ve got real work to do because I work hard for a living so you’re going to have to look up the many more examples yourself. I guess my work would be much slacker and more profitable if I lacked morals and ethics, but life’s a bitch for those of us who work for a living that doesn’t suck off society.

Perkins may live “the good life” with his 130 million dollar yacht and the whores that sail with him, but I’d rather “live a good life” where I give more to society than I take and be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day.

Tom Perkins and all his megalomaniacal buddies can rot in hell. They are bums who suck off society for their own gain and then want us to line up to kiss their asses. You can pucker up all you want, but the rest of us with more awareness and dignity will line up to give them a swift kick in their ass instead.

2 Likes