World's fluffiest rabbit

[Permalink]

or: World’s most annoyed at not being able to move or see rabbit

1 Like

Seems like a frustrating existence… But living in a soft fluffy cloud is what heroin addicts seem to strive for.

Keep that thing away from open flames!

1 Like

Keep that Quadrotriticale locked up tight! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Tribbles

2 Likes

God damn it - beat me by like 8min.

http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/fluffy-5659c2e20fc85f9d834347f9dae7238f.jpg

1 Like

Perhaps we could create some sort of new energy source if we plopped that thing down on a Van de Graaf generator:

4 Likes

I understand they don’t do too well in the wild. Wolves get’em every time.

What a grotesque monstrosity. Not much of a PETA fan myself, but this is just beyond the pale.

1 Like

All that grooming seems like too much tribble.

7 Likes

This is one of those things that I can’t help thinking should not exist.

1 Like

Where did you get video of @beschizza?

1 Like

It’s not a video – it’s a rendering… @beschizza is an artificial life form (just don’t tell him – he isn’t aware yet)

2 Likes

Shhhh…. it’s a sleeping Pokemon.

All that fancy fur still won’t save you from Predators.

2 Likes

owner must spend a lot of time picking shit out of fur and bleaching piss and shit stains.

They’re not usually that fluffy. Typically the owner shears them before the hair gets too long, but before shows they sometimes keep the coat on a month after they normally shear it, then tease it out to give it the extra fluffy appearance like in the picture. Once the show’s over they give them a haircut. Even when they’re all permed out they take special care to leave the face and…er…genital areas clean to ensure that the critter is still comfortable. Plus it’s not like they just leave them in their cages when they get like that. Angoras require A LOT of care to stay happy and healthy, as in being waited on hand and foot every day, and owners have a big incentive to do so even if they’re only raising them for their fiber because a happy, healthy animal gives the highest quality yield. You can tell from how white the bunny’s hair is in this picture that the lady probably has been grooming and attending to this little creature constantly. Not to say there are never abuses, but they’re usually done in a factory farming context rather than with certified owners like Ms. Chu.

Another fun fact: if you know how to do it correctly, you can spin wool right off the rabbit. Certain breeds of Angoras molt their coats every few months, and when they do the coat comes loose and can be gently pulled off without hurting the rabbit. I had a very fluffy dog who shed like that; the patches of fur that were being shed off would become discolored and stick out, and it was oddly therapeutic pulling off the shedding chunks. You can see an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5ccnuC2yE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.