100 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold

i think that’s true for the living room, sit on your couch experience.

there it seems like a software question. and the boxes are already plenty powerful for all sorts of software.

so powerful, i think it’s hard to see developers completely ditching the current platforms for the next. probably a lot of cross-gen games for quite a while. and the more developers that do that, the less pressure there is for customers to upgrade. at e3, both sony and microsoft focused on “no loading screens” – which is nice, but hardly a revolutionary incentive.

i think nintendo-style: different form factors, blending mobile and home still has a way to go… maybe, for instance, whatever microsoft is up to with minecraft earth.

I originally got the PS4 for Disgaea 5 (which was great) and continuation of the Atlier series. Now it mostly functions as a very capable media player.

1 Like

Yeah, for pro work, definitely.

For video games? I can’t even tell the difference between 1080 and 2160 when I’m busy mashing buttons.

This sounds kinda familiar. My details varied, but this is what ultimately happened to my PS2, and I loved the hell out of that thing when I first got it. (Still have a soft spot for it.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.