11,373,076-to-1 gear reduction

Or the plane itself. By grabbing anything other than a hard point like an engine strut Superman would just tear the airplane apart.

I’d like to see a superhero movie where superhero strength is combined with real-world physics. Where superheroes actually have to pay attention to the center of gravity and can’t just weild heavy objects such as school busses as if they are baseball bats, but instead have to actually get underneath the object to lift it.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Having worked on aircraft (and used jacks to lift the whole aircraft), I completely and fully agree.

Is that worth watching?

I enjoyed it. But then, deconstructed/reconstructed superhero movies (a la Dr. Horrible, Hancock, Unbreakable) are kind of my niche.

3 Likes

Yeah, the breaking strength of the (plastic) final gears would be FAR less than the static friction of the locomotive.

1 Like

I was pointing out to a passenger the utter uselessness of the roll bars on my convertible. It’s only about 3" above my head. Between the slack on the seat belt holding me to my seat and the fact that with the weight of the car pressing down onto the surface that it is almost certainly going to sink into, if the car rolls, my head is smashing into the ground.

1 Like

Ha! I guess I forgot to say “good movie” :slight_smile:

I was going to mention this Exploratorium exhibit if nobody else did. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.