11-foot-8 bridge scores truck crash #180

15 Likes

Victim blaming!

24 Likes

Wow that first one was travelling fast.

And that second one - having tried it slowly I fully expected he was backing up to take a run at it at speed!

12 Likes

#170?

5 Likes

Since all else has failed

2 Likes

WHO ROUSES ME FROM MY SLUMBER?

Oh, hi @gracchus! Thanks.

YOUR WISH IS GRANTED.

20 Likes

It looks like that crossbeam must need repainting on the daily.

8 Likes

Waze tells me “red light camera ahead”, as if that would change my behavior. I guess there’s some folks who see them as optional, unless they automatically get a ticket?

2 Likes

I would like it to sound out this when you hit it.

8 Likes

I have another solution:
Half a dozen rodeo clowns on standby that run across the road when the height sensor is triggered.

11 Likes

I figured the discrepancy had to do with the “+8” somehow.

Or on a related note (@ 1m41s):

5 Likes

As a person who used to drive in Durham, NC, on a daily basis, I am now more concerned about the drivers who didn’t see the accident but did have to drive over the resulting metal shavings all over the road.

5 Likes

When the height sensor is triggered, a device should automatically flatten the truck’s tires, giving it a chance to make it under the bridge.

4 Likes
7 Likes

How do you get pieces of rodeo clown out of your truck grill?

1 Like

heres a crazy thought LOWER THE ROAD include side barriers with storm drains for flood prevention This is a simple engineering problem and fix

2 Likes

I didn’t have to see the “first time” notice to see that you’re new here. Welcome, and enjoy your game of 11’8" Bingo, where everything new is old again!

14 Likes

Obligatory:

http://11foot8.com/11foot8-faq/

Can’t the road be lowered?

That would be prohibitively expensive because a sewer main runs just a few feet below the road bed. That sewer main also dates back about a hundred years and, again, at the time there were no real standards for minimum clearance for railroad underpasses.

10 Likes

2 Likes

What, and spoil all our fun? How very dare you, sirrah!

1 Like