11-foot-8 bridge scores truck crash #180

Originally published at: 11-foot-8 bridge scores truck crash #180 | Boing Boing

5 Likes

It’s amazing how many of these guys are also blowing through the red light. Like, even if you didn’t think the huge flashing OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN sign was meant for you, you’re still running the damn red light!

33 Likes

giphy (5)

12 Likes

One of the hallmarks of these videos is the sound of a large engine revving when that light turns yellow.

23 Likes

Meanwhile…
https://howmanydayssincemontaguestreetbridgehasbeenhit.com/

9 Likes

Rental truck driven by a moron. That tracks.

Also, paging @wazroth with the 11’8" bingo cards.

15 Likes
15 Likes

Victim blaming!

24 Likes

Wow that first one was travelling fast.

And that second one - having tried it slowly I fully expected he was backing up to take a run at it at speed!

12 Likes

#170?

5 Likes

Since all else has failed

2 Likes

WHO ROUSES ME FROM MY SLUMBER?

Oh, hi @gracchus! Thanks.

YOUR WISH IS GRANTED.

20 Likes

It looks like that crossbeam must need repainting on the daily.

8 Likes

Waze tells me “red light camera ahead”, as if that would change my behavior. I guess there’s some folks who see them as optional, unless they automatically get a ticket?

2 Likes

I would like it to sound out this when you hit it.

8 Likes

I have another solution:
Half a dozen rodeo clowns on standby that run across the road when the height sensor is triggered.

11 Likes

I figured the discrepancy had to do with the “+8” somehow.

Or on a related note (@ 1m41s):

5 Likes

As a person who used to drive in Durham, NC, on a daily basis, I am now more concerned about the drivers who didn’t see the accident but did have to drive over the resulting metal shavings all over the road.

5 Likes

When the height sensor is triggered, a device should automatically flatten the truck’s tires, giving it a chance to make it under the bridge.

4 Likes
7 Likes