11-foot-8 bridge scores truck crash #180

How do you get pieces of rodeo clown out of your truck grill?

1 Like

heres a crazy thought LOWER THE ROAD include side barriers with storm drains for flood prevention This is a simple engineering problem and fix

2 Likes

I didn’t have to see the “first time” notice to see that you’re new here. Welcome, and enjoy your game of 11’8" Bingo, where everything new is old again!

14 Likes

Obligatory:

http://11foot8.com/11foot8-faq/

Can’t the road be lowered?

That would be prohibitively expensive because a sewer main runs just a few feet below the road bed. That sewer main also dates back about a hundred years and, again, at the time there were no real standards for minimum clearance for railroad underpasses.

10 Likes

2 Likes

What, and spoil all our fun? How very dare you, sirrah!

1 Like

It’s fun going back to when the shiny new crash beam went up at 12’4", and noting how new scars keep showing up with each succeeding video.

4 Likes

:articulated_lorry::bus::fire_engine::ambulance::blush:

8 Likes

I think the challenge now is to come up with a practical-ish solution that is not on the bingo card.

Like, why not have the road go over the bridge with a big silly ramp?

7 Likes

How about if the sensors trigger a transdimensional portal just before the crash beam, teleporting the overheight truck back to the previous intersection. Then the driver will be stuck in a loop until they figure out that they can’t pass under the bridge!

11 Likes

Yeah, but then you could just as easily put one on the other side, and make all of this brouhaha moot.

6 Likes

But then they’ll never learn!

4 Likes

7 Likes

I like that it says Collider behind him.

2 Likes

lol I came here to say the same thing. :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.