11 minutes of garbage, flesh, mastication, digestion, eructation, and decay

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/10/11-minutes-of-garbage-flesh.html

2 Likes

I saw some science’y stuff going done, my dear friends.

3 Likes

No eructation before the children are in bed, please.

2 Likes

I’m eructationing right now.

5 Likes

Czech republic for some reason has a disproportionately large number of good film directors (anyone knows why?), and in my opinion Svankmajer is a genius. I recommend his movie “Little Otik” - it’s funny, disturbing and impressively creative:

2 Likes

:astonished: I hope your office door is closed.

7 Likes

If you’re into all that that, take a look at Alessandro Bavari’s ‘Metachaos’:

I guess Svankmajer would find this a bit more imaginative than he found Tim Burton :wink:

2 Likes

Mr. Bavari? Trent Reznor, Line 2.

1 Like

I believe Trent Reznor would already know about Bavari, “Metachaos” is rather well known, it “inspired Ridley Scott for several film concepts”, according to Bavari’s explanation on the work he did on Alien: Covenant:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/59763161/Alien-Covenant

1 Like

Yeah. I suppose Reznor would be calling to set up like, their tenth or eleventh lunch date.

Another WH press briefing? Spare me

1 Like

You forget, I have no shame.

4 Likes

I have a few things from Svankmajer. How did I miss Little Otik!

2 Likes

My last acid trip featured a 5 hour infinitely cycling hell of of garbage, flesh, mastication, digestion, eructation, and decay. Really brain, I feed you good drugs and this is how you treat me?

1 Like

Elevator pitch

1 Like

If Jan Svankmajer is considered “obscure media,” then it’s true, Disney really has completely colonized and killed the medium of animation. He’s one of the medium’s true greats. Folks who liked this would also get a chuckle out of his short, Darkness, Light, Darkness (on YouTube), as well as his feature film take on Alice in Wonderland, which is streaming on Amazon Prime. Someone else also noted Little Otik, which is an awesome film, too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.