115% of Trump's tariff revenue goes to angry farmers

115% of Trumps tariff revenue THUS FAR goes to angry farmers.

Tariff collection will, unfortunately, continue on a monthly basis, but compensatory payments to farmers will not.

I heard him answer this, though, and I think his answer basically held up. He said that of course he made products in China, that’s the smart thing to do under the current rules. The point is that the rules should be changed so that that isn’t true anymore. I don’t actually see hypocrisy on this front. Sort of like Warren Buffet arguing that his taxes should be higher while paying as little tax as he can.

Of course Trump’s solution isn’t a solution. He’s still an incompetent idiot. But tariffs are probably one of his most virtuous policies because they aren’t transparently self-dealing.

Then again, all of this is just talking circles around the fact that he probably put tariffs in out of pure racism against east Asian people.

The difference is that properly filing your taxes means that you fill out all of the forms available, and pay the exact amount that the tax laws say you should. As silly as it sounds, filing improperly so that you pay more taxes, even voluntarily, is not 100% honest, and it is not really a situation where morality becomes involved other than to simply follow the law. In Trump’s example, there is also the minimum moral requirement to follow all laws, but there is nothing preventing a more moral decision to make a bit less profit so that your country, and it’s citizens, benefits more than some other country. What Trump’s really been saying is “America first, but not with my wallet.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.