12 year old makes devastating video about anti-vaxxers, gets doxxed

Y’know, when it comes to people who ignore all of the scientific evidence in order to promote their views and make the entire country less safe by poking gaping holes in the herd immunity, and bringing back viruses that used to be wiped out on this continent…

I think that description is pretty much dead on about how I feel towards anti-vaxxers. I don’t particularly care about seeing things from their point of view, and I’m quite okay with imposing vaccinations on them instead.

24 Likes

Just open your throat, relax your jaw.

5 Likes

Hmmmm.

10 Likes

Idiocy can span political divides pretty easily.

4 Likes

There’s a bunch of small time grifters making both a literal and figurative killing. But I don’t see the corp angle.

5 Likes

Paul Offit’s Autism’s False Prophets attributes some of the genesis of the modern antivax movement to trial lawyers looking to score big with a class action suit. There have been many antivax movements ever since the day of the invention of the vaccine, practically. These days, I wouldn’t be surprised if some granola supplement company isn’t funding at least some of the panic. I live in a fairly hippy-dippy city and it feels like everyone and their flower-child mother is trying to sell you something. They may have tie-dye Vistaprint business cards, but that community sold out a long, long time ago. It’s a lifestyle choice, and it’s been consumerized and commodified accordingly.

5 Likes

especially when their reaction to a 12-year-old who disagrees with them is to doxx him and his parents.

16 Likes

I never used to like that phrase because it sounded to me like people were saying someone was anally raped. I know people who use it like that too. When I looked it up though, it made more sense. It just describes someone who has been “spanked” and is still hot-headed about it. It totally applies to people who are doxing a child because they have no other way to express their anger.

6 Likes

I never thought about it like that. I never even thought about it like a spanking, I thought it was more like someone who sat on the proverbial stick of whatever it was they were butthurt about…

7 Likes

I think a few rich and/or famous idiots is enough.

Too many people love having secret knowledge that “the man doesn’t want you to know”.

"Big pharma doesn’t want you to know that avocados cure diabetes. Stop taking those dangerous medical treatments, and just eat a bowl of guacamole! Show those know-it-all scientists who’s boss! If you get even sicker, that’s just because toxins. "

3 Likes

The popularization of anti-vacviation hysteria by the fraudlent research of Andrew Wakefield started with a profit angle.

Alt Med is a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

4 Likes

Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, grifters gotta grift

2 Likes

At the risk of going momentarily off-topic, to me it always referred to the projectile diarrhea assholes spew forth in lieu of intelligent responses to others pointing out they’re full of shit.

Huh. I thought you were going to go with a reminder that “butthurt” implies anal sex, and of course some people enjoy anal sex so why is that being used as a pejorative? Apparently I was wrong to assume decency on your part.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know that…thanks!

1 Like

Oh gods, is that what the alkali water was supposed to do? I had a colleague who was super into that and kept offering her alkali water to everyone. Kept a gallon jug at her desk.

I should say briefly obsessed. She ended up having to go to the doctor a few weeks after she started that up. All she told me was that her doctor was really concerned about her Ph level. :laughing:

Never heard about the alkali water again.

7 Likes

The desire to enshrine solipsistic subjective reality has been a recurring theme in US politics for a very long time, but I have to definitely agree that it’s become more dominant over the last century. As for the “freedom of ignorance”, that just reminds me of a comment from Asimov:

6 Likes

3.17+ billion simians on even more typewriter things now.
Fertilized by the inexorable massive poop flinging.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.