2021: The Year in Review

https://bbs.boingboing.net/u?order=likes_received

Go crazy go nuts…

16 Likes

The New Power Generation Sexy Mf GIF by Prince

And while you’re at, why not party like it’s Y2K again?

20 Likes

not really, given the way you combine erudition with empathy it comes as no real surprise. at least not to me.

22 Likes

sally field oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

25 Likes

All this list needs is “voted most likely to succeed,” “class clown,” “too cool for school” and…oh wait, I’m thinking of a yearbook.

9 Likes

19 Likes

Happy New Year, Happy Mutants! Love ya!

25 Likes

As with every year, I am mildly relieved to not find my avatar on any of those top 10 lists.
Relief Im So Relieved GIF

21 Likes

nowt to do with me
[I don’t mind showing up in the giving lotsa likes list, tho!]

16 Likes

Most likely to embezzle funds from a major corporation…

11 Likes

Allegedly! LoL

4 Likes

I concur; it’s very correct.

To Mindysan and all ye other Mutants, ‘Happy’ or ‘Otherwise:’

21 Likes

13 Likes

…and the gunfire begins, here in Detroit…

ETA: Some of this is actually fireworks, which is really cool!!!

16 Likes

Three hours still to go before gunfire/fireworks in the Bay Area.

Stay safe; Happy New Year.

20 Likes

Yup, I’m keeping my head down for the next 20-30 minutes or so.

But Happy New Year everyone!

18 Likes

I am more than happy to relinquish the title for Most Time Reading, to @Mister44 (And I thought I was a slow reader… j/k— Congratulations, @Mister44 !)

(Actually I think I may get credit for more time than I actually read here, because it seems that half the time I’m clicking away to look things up. [But that’s an important part of reading…IMO…] Anyway, if the system checks—I think it’s every two minutes?—and finds us here, do we get to play elsewhere for a bit and still get counted as being present? If I read for thirty seconds and then spend a minute and a half flipping my next pancake [I hope that’s not a euphemism for anything…] does the system think I was reading for two whole minutes? That can add up over a year… Or do we have to be scrolling the whole time? Maybe @orenwolf can clarify that…?)

10 Likes

It is now! :wink:

BRB, off to flip my pancake.

Happy 2022 everyone! May it bring more peace and joy than 2021!

18 Likes

By the end of 2022 this picture may seem remarkably prescient. That is if the last two years are any indication.

16 Likes

You can flip a house and you can flip a pancake, but can you flip an International House of Pancakes? :thinking:

19 Likes