23 Florida cops shot 377 bullets at two unarmed men in car

Maybe they lost track in all the excitement?

2 Likes

The Glock 17 is extremely popular with police departments and has a standard 17 round magazine. I would imagine with training, that several people after the first volley would have reloaded, even if their magazine wasn’t empty. The numbers add up to 16.4 rounds per person.

1 Like

So they’re kind of like vigilantes with immunity?

And why does it say “to protect and serve” on the cops cars around here?

1 Like

Oh - they have a motto on a car. Ok then, that’s legally binding.

3 Likes

Here’s one they could use

The Police: A Bit Shit, Really

Or

The Police: Useless When You Need Us, Plus We Might Shoot You

Or

The Police: Any Interaction With Us Can Only Make Your Day Worse

3 Likes

I really like the first one. Has a British touch of class to it.

2 Likes

Well, the oft quoted source for that is the Warren v. District of Columbia case were the District of Columbia Court of Appeals held that “police did not owe a specific duty to provide police services to the plaintiffs based on the public duty doctrine”.

“To protect and serve” is a nice motto, to be sure, but mottos aren’t enforceable as far as I know.

This is as it should be. The police have papal infallibility when it comes to deploying lethal force. It reminds me of the case in NY in which the police were justifiably shooting at a man suspected of the crime of walking in traffic whilst possibly schizophrenic and whilst miming the act of holding a gun using his fingers, and pointing said mimed firearm at police. The police were therefore caused to shoot at the mimed handgun in self-defence, and to strike pedestrians on the opposite sidewalk by his actions. Thus, at the possibly schizophrenic man’s arraignment he was charged with the wounding of the members of the public, as well as the traffic offence of jay-walking and miming the possession of a pistol link.

2 Likes

So you have the right to bear arms, but not fingers?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.