27 sealed sarcophagi unearthed in a newly excavated Egyptian tomb

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/01/27-sealed-sarcophogi-unearthed-in-a-newly-excavated-egyptian-tomb.html

1 Like

Of all the years to go digging up cursed relics, you HAD to pick 2020 didn’t you?
Couldn’t wait. Couldn’t leave it a while. Maybe see how we were doing in the Olympics, keep this as an ace in the hole in case it wasn’t going well for the country… No.
No, you had to just get right in there. In a year so bad the Olympics isn’t even a thing anymore, you decided to drive a shovel through the “no digging” sign.
And that, Mustafa, is why I’m upset. Because the giant angry magical scarabs commanded by the angry Pharoah are YOUR FAULT.
Goddamn it, Mustafa. Next time, just wait, OK?

5 Likes

Honestly, it’ll be fine as long as they remember one important rule.

readbook

5 Likes

1 Like

Are these archaeologists the only people on the planet who haven’t watched any of the movies?

3 Likes

DR. WAZIRI, THANK YOU.

Four decades have past since I, too visited the area and both the good Egyptian People and all of us much appreciate your continued commitment to the rich culture of Egyptian People who are so proud of the excavations to honor those who preceded generation after generation leading to the 21st century.

Truly remarkeable!

God Bless those before us and God Bless us all to honor those who have passed and today’s continued contributions of Egyptians everywhere…

As a Greek American proud of my birth here in the States and proud of my Hellenic heritage, Alexandria and its history and fellow Hellenes has always fascinated me.

The pyramids, Luxor and so much more and the unforgettable Museum in Cairo depicting such a glorious history, thank you.

14 Likes

2 Likes

tumblr_o3mkhqoc251ug61u9o1_500|nullxnull

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.