$2m "fentanyl" bust turns out to be big bag of sugar

I was thinking, for certain people with heavy sugar additions (such as certain people who may or may not consume donuts), a taste of sugar may release more opiates in the brain than the same taste of fentanyl…

3 Likes

Not relevant?

6 Likes

That’s some mighty fine police work, Sheriff

1 Like

That’s some mighty refined police work. You’ve got to be sure before you caster 'spersions.

5 Likes

And here the cops thought they were so clever in discovering the drugs hidden in an ordinary powdered sugar bag.

3 Likes

gimme%20some%20sugar

3 Likes

Ri-ight. It was fentonil; a little presto-changeo along the chain of evidence, and now it’s sugar. Sur-re sugah!
It’s not like the original owners will come forward insisting that it started out as fentonil.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to believe that it was actually sugar because that’s an absolute shit ton of fentanyl. These guys would have to be way up the food chain to have that much and it’s not likely they would have been busted this easily if that were the case. It would be like busting a guy on the street corner with a kilogram of LSD.

6 Likes

“No controlled substance” sez article.
I thought they were looking to reclassify sugar as a Class C drug in order to combat childhood obesity?

One of my square friends got concerned in college and refused to ride with our group due to mishearing that we had a pound of LSD in the car. We wished.

I love how they were falling all over themselves to announce the amount of Fenta-Sugar they siezed but when they tripped on their own dicks they suddenly became all vague about the amounts of weed and “other drugs” the people allegedly had in their possesion…

I’d think that would end up being some mixture of mostly hydrocodone and oxycodone, which is waaaay different (and better, recreationally speaking) than laudanum. I don’t know why you’d put that in a liquid form though. Maybe to appeal to those who enjoy codeine/promethazine? Maybe because “laudanum” sounds safer than “liquid oxycontin”? It’s certainly interesting.

Which really makes this statement pretty frightening.

“Fentanyl,” Brewer said, “is the first (drug) that we’ve ever had an issue with field testing.”

I wonder how many people have taken plea deals based on these morons’ shitty understanding of chemistry.

3 Likes

And my gosh, guys, BUY SOME FENTANYL TEST STRIPS. That’s pretty much all they give a postive on is fentanyl.

Before you have your officers mucking about with different reagent tests, to figure out what they might have confiscated - have them do a fentanyl test strip first, and if that shows positive, for heaven’s sake stop handling the stuff lest they get an accidental overdose.

1 Like

man touches fentanyl and survives.

1 Like

I’m not surprised that a quantity of fentanyl and filler that was sold as a single injectable dose of heroin, could be handled without serious consequence. To match the overall potency of heroin, that would have had to be about 1 part fentanyl to 50 parts inert filler. Heck, if a breeze had picked up and they’d accidentally inhaled a little of it they wouldn’t have suffered much more than mild sedation. They weren’t handling more than a single dose’s worth to begin with.

The accidental overdose danger, I’d expect, would happen with (1) handling pure or nearly pure fentanyl, and (2) accidental ingestion or inhalation.

As might happen if, say, someone too ignorant of chemistry to tell sucrose from fentanyl ended up messing around with 12 pounds of pure fentanyl, and somebody sneezed…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.