30 years to life for actor Danny Masterton, convicted of two rapes

Originally published at: 30 years to life for actor Danny Masterton, convicted of two rapes | Boing Boing

5 Likes

11 Likes

See Ya Duck GIF by DefyTV

10 Likes

My first thought was “30 years to life is longer then most murder convictions, something seems wrong here”.

My second thought was “yep, the murders should be at least this long not the other way around though”

Third thought: too bad prison isn’t likely to fix anyone, not the way we do it here.

So great, he ruined two lives, and also is going to make me feel bad for like a whole three minutes about yet another pair of systemic messes I have no way to fix.

10 Likes

Where are you seeing people being sentenced to less than 30 years to life with double murder convictions?

8 Likes

Given the way Scientology goes after victims and influences the legal system, this took a incredible level of guts from these women to see this through.

18 Likes

Now go after Scientology… witness tampering, accessory after the fact, etc…

17 Likes

It’s taken entirely too long to get this handled.

2 Likes

Yeah, the cthurch was all over this from the start, decades ago. Harassment, PI stalkers, inexplicable slow walking by LAPD, attempts to force them into “religious arbitration”…

9 Likes

Wow. A rich, privileged white guy getting a solid sentence for a crime? I am impressed.

5 Likes

Somewhere a galactic overlord is celebrating along with the rest of us.

5 Likes

Good point, I’m thinking single murders not double.

2 Likes

Massive yikes

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.