33 state Democratic parties launder $26M from millionaires for Hillary

[Read the post]

3 Likes

What a bunch of horseshit.
When did this place turn into bat-shit-crazy conspiracy town?

3 Likes

Bernie Sanders’ has a “Victory Fund” for joint fundraising as well.

2 Likes

Campaign reform, campaign shmeform. Hillary’s presidency is already prepaid via speaking fees, and via the Clinton Foundation.

And you’re all going to vote for her in November, so you might as well lube up now.

3 Likes

The article is a very good explanation of a funding process which very few people are aware of.

But the insinuation that a Clinton raising funds must be some kind of crime gave me flashbacks to the 1990s.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Yep. Candidates raise money for other candidates. Including Bernie. Who, by the way, is a super delegate and has been getting this same money from the DNC for years.

Calling this quid pro quo is just dumb. It’s a political party. Everyone helps everyone else out.

10 Likes

In all respect, why it’s horseshit to point this out? I think it’s important that these things be widely known.

5 Likes

Ah, so you’re one of those driveby commenters who doesn’t bother to read around much on this forum. Got it. See ya next time you decide to stop by and poop out another ten words or so.

10 Likes

Um, you know Hillary is significantly ahead in both the popular vote and delegates, right? Bernie’s the one who needs the superdelegates to ignore the popular vote, and his campaign is now arguing that they should do just that.

2 Likes

1,243 to 980?

Doesn’t sound all THAT significant.

13 Likes

Noted for future reference.

1 Like

Clinton currently has received more votes than Sanders.

It is though. Unlike the GOP races which are in part winner-take-all, the Democratic race rewards delegates proportionately. Which means Bernie doesn’t need to just win a bunch of remaining states, but get the sort of 70-30 blowouts that Clinton got earlier in the race. And apart from a few tiny, low population states like mine (Montana), there are no states that Bernie is that favored in.

Maybe it doesn’t look over, but it is.

And I should add, that Bernie’s campaign has admitted as much. That’s why they’re currently asking the superdelegates to swap sides based on “momentum”.

2 Likes

It’s horseshit because there no “money laundering” going on. Raising money for the party or for downticket races directly is just part of the Presidential election process. And it’s a damned good idea, too - a President without Congress is just playing defense.

4 Likes

How bout like the 80-20 blowouts that Sanders got later in the race.

Polling schmolling. (Kinda funny that Nate Silver was born in Michigan! :smile: )

7 Likes

(He comments around here quite a lot, you know, and probably reads more than he writes.)

I sure hope we aren’t going to turn this forum into the kind of pie fight that’s going on at Daily Kos. Folks who prefer Sanders have it all worked out where Clinton is the Evil Mastermind who is out to destroy the middle class, and Clinton supporters are hard at work painting Sanders as an irrelevant crank.

Having a spirited primary is a good thing, but when it gets so nasty voters actually stay home, we defeat ourselves. Let’s don’t do that, okay? I hope some of us are going to vote Clinton enthusiastically, and some might have to hold their noses, but don’t help Trump get elected, okay? Except that one Republican guy over there, you’re allowed, if you really like him.

7 Likes

[quote=“milliefink, post:16, topic:76017”]
How bout like the 80-20 blowouts that Sanders got later in the race.
[/quote]There are basically no more all-white caucus states.

[quote=“milliefink, post:16, topic:76017”]
Polling schmolling. (Kinda funny that Nate Silver was born in Michigan! :smile: )
[/quote]Michigan was a one-off polling error due to a bunch of pollsters relying on the same flawed turnout numbers from one guy. It was the largest presidential polling error ever. Are you really going to argue that it’s going to be repeated in a couple dozen more states?

I like Bernie too, but it’s been over since Clinton swept the Black states, same as when Obama did it in 2008.There’s just no coming back from getting crushed there. Nor should there be.

1 Like

Then I would think they’d realize that not everyone here is going to vote for Clinton. I and others have said repeatedly that we won’t.[quote=“Boundegar, post:17, topic:76017”]

I hope some of us are going to vote Clinton enthusiastically, and some might have to hold their noses, but don’t help Trump get elected, okay?
[/quote]

9 Likes

Yep. I was not aware that the Democratic party had setup channels to allow people to donate more than was allowed by law. Sounds like another grey area where she can do it, it’s kinda sorta quasi legal and therefore it’s OK. And, even if she does get caught, she can just claim ignorance and all will be well.

Also appears to be an area where the DNC wouldn’t want the wrong people following that money trail.

Anyway, seems to me just another way Hillary and the DNC have coordinated to circumvent the rules in order to gain an advantage for Hillary.

4 Likes