3D-printed garden hose-to-USB adapter surprisingly handy for dealing with mice

Originally published at: 3D-printed garden hose-to-USB adapter surprisingly handy for dealing with mice | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Excellent for watering your apple trees and raspberry pi bushes.

30 Likes

[feels mouse cable] i’m impressed/skeptical that (that much) water would flow through a USB plug, under the insulation and around the packed wires in an untampered wired mouse. still… it got a coffee submerged snigger, so thankee! (“ach you’ll go blind if’n you continue feeling thy mouse cable laddie!”)

9 Likes

I could be wrong, but I suspect the mouse cable is actually a length of plastic tubing.

I loved it that it took two tries to plug in the USB-A connector.

28 Likes

That’s how I know it’s fake. It always takes three tries.

21 Likes

I buy stuff like that off the shelf.

18 Likes

What version of USB? I need to know what the transfer rate is in bytes of water per second. Also is it data too or power only?

4 Likes

That’s more suited to refilling your laptop.

3 Likes

You’ll want the companion hardware too.

26 Likes

Sadly my Blackberry died long ago

4 Likes

The fixed camera position and the fact that the mouse and cable are in a different position when set down and when the water is flowing makes me think there is some ‘creative’ editing going on.

3 Likes

The only thing I can tell for sure is that it uses a streaming protocol.

12 Likes

Please stop posting links to t.co. The extra redirect involved is nothing but another layer of tracking.

You can use a browser extension like Twitter Link Deobfuscator to obtain direct links.

1 Like

This reminds me of an old Three Stooges bit where they were hired as plumbers and fucked up the water and electrical lines in someone’s house so badly that when someone turned on a light switch the overhead bulb filled with water and burst.

10 Likes

Beautiful. Reminds me of that guy that makes really weird toys and sneaks them onto store shelves. Anyone know who I’m talking about? He’s probably been featured here.

1 Like

A plumbing we will go.

1 Like

That would be Obvious Plant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdZA3d9FN3i/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcOEoE1J2_d/

ETA Hmm… can’t find an Instagram embed that will work properly so I added screenshots (finally. After changing browser because apparently Chrome won’t let me upload images to BB any more. Snarl.)

He’s hilarious.

5 Likes

Exactly. Oh my god, it’s all so good. I started taking screenshots to post here, but there were too many.

3 Likes

Erm. I believe the unit of measure is “sips” of water per second.
Or gulps per second, but that seems too fast for this set up so nothing you’ll need to worry about.
:wink:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.