5 year-old-boy obsessed with Kraftwerk, says parent

My oldest at the age of 4 yelled “Patsy Cline” every time we got into the car. That cassette got played a lot.

5 Likes

k.d. lang did Patsy better than even Patsy
my kids wouldn’t listen to either

4 Likes

My youngest daughter went through a serious heavy metal phase when she was 4. It was pretty much the only music she wanted to listen to for a while. Six (long-ish) months later she was done with it.

5 Likes

every time Numbers comes on OP should teach him to pop-lock.

5 Likes

Good for him. Fun songs are all I listen to these days. And P.G. Wodehouse. And Sarah Millican. Anything to blot out the news (i.e., all of 2020).

4 Likes

It’s always interesting to learn how children react to their parent’s preferred music. Years back my best friend told me of his 8 year old daughter’s reaction to ELP’s Toccata. She called it, “the scary music”. She did like Battles Atlas, though… perhaps because it’s pretty much stomp music; nice and bouncy.

3 Likes

Give him a synthesizer, like the Korg Volca series, or much better a full fledged instrument (possibly old and full of knobs), then show him a few videos about syntesizers. He will figure out the rest.

8 Likes

I love Kraftwerk. Seen them live twice. If I had to listen to one band, it would be them. I never tire of it.

5 Likes

Things from my home office I will miss when I return to the workplace: appropriate art and synths.

10 Likes

With the German lyrics?

2 Likes

Which, for me, and as soon as an organ comes in, is at the first note.

2 Likes

I think this sounds like a really good idea. Or even just a Stylophone.

Does anyone make one with a volume remote? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems reasonable.

Don’t let him know somebody has created a Kraftwerk album art world in VRChat where you can listen to the music in the album art:

1 Like
4 Likes

Put some Music Von Harmonia on and see what happens. Report back forthwith.

2 Likes

Yeah, get kid a synth. And some YMO.

4 Likes

Having your kid obsessed with Kraftwerk at the age of 5 is just good parenting. In fact, if your kid is NOT obsessed with Kraftwerk, then you’ve probably failed as a parent.

4 Likes

Man, I love Kraftwerk Orange…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.