5G wireless may mess up weather forecasts

Bah, I’ve still got one of those:
ti104056_large

1 Like

weather prediction has gotten exponentially better over the last 25 years. the u.s. national weather service first began making inroads in datamining of the information that has been collected over the last 100 or so years at that point which has resulted in some of the best forecasts available. unfortunately the man our current president has nominated for chief of noaa is the head of accuweather and he wants to prevent the weather service from, sharing any information aside from severe weather warnings with the public.

4 Likes

Just for fun I thought I’d calculate how many generations it will take before we start getting into microwave oven frequencies. Then I ran across this:

Tin foil hats are going to be replaced by tin faraday cage suits.

1 Like
2 Likes

Microwave oven frequencies are in the 2.5GHz range (and in amateur radio parlance 1-100GHz is considered in the microwave band), so we’re already there.

The difference is a microwave oven is putting out about 1000W while a phone is going to be < 1W.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.