Why 5G doesn't cause Covid-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/14/why-5g-doesnt-cause-covid-19.html

6 Likes

The fact that it is the year 2020 and the public in nominally developed, modern nations requires an explainer re: why radio waves do not carry viruses capable of infecting humans breaks my heart on a really basic level.

51 Likes

Not so sure about the “demonstrably safe” bit. 5G has been shown to be very efficient at carrying and spreading stupidity.

See exhibits A and B: Limbaugh, Rush and Jones, Alex for further evidence.

20 Likes

The article is an exercise in futility, as the people who think that it does cause problems are not going to read this and change their minds. THEY KNOW THE TRUTH. However on the bright side, people who know it couldn’t possibly be true now know why it isn’t true - other than just basic common sense.

4 Likes

Is this only happening here in Britain? For shame.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that lack of explainers causes heart failure???

4 Likes
4 Likes

There is no virus. We know the TRUTH.

20 Likes

the underlying rage here is at … the scraping hollowness of life mediated by technology

Glass houses, @beschizza.

I don’t have the energy right now to come up with a clever post. Just gunna say this whole 5G thing is dumb as hell, i don’t know where to start.

10 Likes

Some people tried to burn down a 3/4G mast in Ireland yesterday, which is probably even more embarrassing.

14 Likes

The vast majority of our species are assholes and/or idiots. If that statement were not true the world would be a much better place to live in than the stink-hole it is now. This is even more apparent now.

4 Likes

Sending thoughts, prayers, and coronavirus.

7 Likes

Well that just makes sense … you have to stop it before it grows up and becomes 5G :wink:

10 Likes

Just because the answer to a question contains uncertainty, doesn’t mean you can just plug in any ridiculous CONSPIRACY THEORY you want to. The speed with which misguided ideas (like “5G causes Covid-19” or “5G can penetrate my tinfoil hat”) is dismissed in this community does not reflect poorly at all on its participants. Much the opposite, in fact.

11 Likes

21 Likes

That’s what you say to other addicts, not dealers.

11 Likes

BONUS: the underlying rage here is at cellphones and social media and news and the scraping hollowness of life mediated by technology.

Insert: Matt Bors cartoon about society…these drones wouldn’t have access to the means of sending/receiving this toxic nonsense without the technology they are carping about.

1 Like

That’s a classic and characteristic sign of paranoid schizophrenia.

8 Likes

…Touché.

1 Like