9/11 called for big changes in Disney's Lilo & Stitch

Wait, have you been to Honolulu recently? https://goo.gl/maps/oHaWNK7Uh5r

(I suspect my sarcasm detector might be malfunctioning though…)

1 Like

How many times have I told ya to use a longer stick?
Now, hold my beer and let me show you how it’s done.

5 Likes

And then there is also this:

Stick?

1 Like

I’m there right now. We have nothing one could really call a “skyscraper”, and if there’s anything like the curvy bank building from the video I don’t know it. The official height limit for buildings on Oahu is 400 ft, with some special exceptions made for a couple of buildings in one neighborhood called Kaka’ako where the developers greased some palms got waivers under a special incentives program.

There’s no limit on sand castles however:

(That pointy guy in the far background is one of the exceptions; it has some “affordable housing units” in it, where if you charge $550,000 for a condo when the market price is $600,000 it is deemed “affordable”.)

4 Likes

“Resonating with real life” and “jarringly clashing with real life in a way that could be tasteless and upsetting in an unintentional way” are not the same thing.

5 Likes
1 Like

There was a Jackie Chan movie that also was supposed to have a battle atop the WTC, that got changed as well.

I remember the local radio station in Santa Barbara used to play a fake helicopter sound over their traffic reports; the report would end with the sound of the copter crashing and exploding. They stopped playing that after 9/11 too.

1 Like

1 Like

Another cinematic casualty that was supposed to feature the towers was Men in Black 2, a film which left me with the impression of having been edited down from what might have once been a much better film.

And I quite liked Big Trouble – coincidentally from the same director, Barry Sonnenfeld – which was based on a hilarious Dave Barry novel but did not have the slightest chance of surviving, dealing as it did with nuclear devices being smuggled on airplanes.

I myself got a very different impression, since pretty much everything that did make it to screen contradicted the premise of the previous film.

Lots of skyscrapers in that photo. Anything over 10 stories or 200 feet is technically a skyscraper…

“The first steel-frame skyscraper was the Home Insurance Building (originally 10 stories with a height of 42 m or 138 ft) in Chicago, Illinois in 1885” sez Wikipedia. Huh, not even a Louis Sullivan building, I’m kinda surprised.

1 Like

Does it have poor doors, or are they only for the 99%?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.