90-something substitute dances the Charleston for high school class

Originally published at: 90-something substitute dances the Charleston for high school class | Boing Boing

1 Like

She’s more agile than I am and I’m 54.

9 Likes

Wtf is someone in their nineties doing working?

Yes, I know this is from the US, but seriously, WTF?

6 Likes

That’s the bee’s knees! As a child she might have watched closely as the older kids did the dance.

4 Likes

She’s a substitute teacher. That’s part time work and it doesn’t pay well. She may be doing that out of a love of teaching and children and a desire to do more that sit and watch television.

10 Likes

My mom just retired and is already considering substitute teaching because she worked as a teacher for many years and the only complaints she ever had were about the workplace social politics and culture (which are mostly irrelevant to substitutes). It’s possible she was desperate but at that age it’s also quite likely she really enjoys teaching and is motivated to do it. That’s my take at least.

10 Likes

That being said I wish they’d played something more appropriate

The choice of music though is just… ugh… I hate tiktok.

4 Likes

I hope that is the case. Something to stay active, vs have to do it.

Ditto, but I got a gammy leg, so…

Yeah, her heyday would have been the 1940s and they were jitterbugging then.

Platform soles and shoulder pads. I made fun of my mother’s wardrobe from then, and the then 1970s (platform soles) and 1980s (shoulder pads) happened. Joke was on me.

2 Likes

I know, right?

Season 2 Lol GIF by On My Block

2 Likes

This post has both a link to a TikTok video and an embedded YouTube vid. The YouTube video has what appears to be the original audio, and indeed using The Charleston as the music.

I think some people can’t see the YouTube embeds:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.