A bunch of live crabs broke out of a box on a luggage carousel and hilarity ensued

Video link for the BBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIf5qdRQM4

2 Likes

Big deal, If I had a nickel for every time I caught crabs in an airport…

9 Likes

Another bad part. Many coconut crabs living in parts of the Marshall Islands (where the US conducted nuclear tests in the 1950s, most famously at Bikini Atoll) are living off of radioactive coconuts. It doesn’t seem to affect the crabs themselves much, but probably not ideal eating.

7 Likes

Radioactive coconuts did wonders for Gilligan:
gilligan

13 Likes

First time anyone ever wanted to catch a case of the crabs.

5 Likes

welp, i don’t really feel comfortable adjusting my security posture on the lappy so i guess i’ll look at it later on my phone.

(usually i lock down my laptop hard then am more relaxed about my phone, but also just don’t put some types of data on my phone)

1 Like

My uncle gave me some good advice once: never kayak where you’re not the apex predator.

7 Likes

7392b52c74b84424dead6da4a804b852

3 Likes

Once a buddy and I decided to head to Kirby Cove just west of the GGB on the Marin side. But a bull harbor seal weighing in at a fuckton decided we aint gonna visit his bitches on Dry Land. We rafted up yelled and beat our kayaks for a while to scare him off, but he scared us off. We turned tail and ran. Thus I am here to tell the tale… He was cra cra for that sh!t for shizzle and biggish blue boats and shouty hominids aint got no sway out upon the big water hey hey.

Know your predator/prey hierarchy folks.

8 Likes

Casting begins for the sequel to Snakes on a Plane.

4 Likes

I’ve seen worse.

4 Likes

So, never kayak?

2 Likes

Cannot entirely see what is going on. Stop vertical video syndrome.

3 Likes

In jail they call those crab sticks!
(hoping crabs sticks are a globally enjoyed processed meat treat, not just here in Aus)

3 Likes

Of course your species is going to be threatened if part of your name offers a delicious serving suggestion :smiley:

2 Likes

No DELIGHTFUL CREATURES tag?

1 Like

Poor little crabs.

2 Likes

I’m going to be the “well, actually” guy here. It was radioactive spinach seeds that grew into mutant spinach that gave Gilligan his super-strength. A box of irradiated vegi seeds washed ashore and the resulting crops gave the islanders various powers. Mary Ann, the carrot lover, could see boats miles offshore. I don’t recall the other powers, though I must have watched this episode like 20 times in the 1970s.

2 Likes

Just imagine the radio the Professor could have made out of radioactive coconuts, though . . .

4 Likes