A Calvinesque and Hobbesian Look at Impeachment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/20/a-calvinesque-and-hobbesian-lo-8.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH spunky little boy president Donald and his imaginary publicist John create an imaginary foxy world where Donald is a selfless hero!

14 Likes

I love it and all…but this sort of is souring me on C&H now. I cannot not equate them anymore.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks for reminding me where I am in my life.

4 Likes

Hold up a sec. Some kids (and adults) do need medication to help them focus on certain types of tasks. They are not able to do it on their own.

That does not mean they loose all creativity and sense of imagination.

11 Likes

That is a good point, but I took it as a swipe of the cases I’ve seen to medicate away overly rambunctious and yet perfectly ordinary child behavior

4 Likes

Where’s this from? Is it a genuine Watterson…?

It makes me sad :-(:sob:

5 Likes

Kids everywhere after watching today’s impeachment hearings:

“…And tell me, Mom, when you walked into the kitchen and saw me, I took my hand OUT of the cookie jar, is that correct? …And when I took my hand out of the cookie jar, HOW MANY cookies did you see in my hand? One? Two? Three? Or WAS IT, IN FACT, ZERO COOKIES?”

8 Likes

Nope, it’s fake (thankfully!).

4 Likes

Calvin is my HERO.

2 Likes

I love Tom the Dancing Bug and R.B.!
collected this one from a couple weeks ago…

7 Likes

So… boing boing now does this thing where an advertisement closes in on all 4 sides of what I’m reading? Never bothered to create an account here, but I did just now to say, bye bye forever boing boing.

8 Likes

It depends on the medication and diagnosis.

The typical ADHD medication is a stimulant, which when given to an ADHD person helps them focus, and by extension, pay attention and sit still. They’re paying attention, so they aren’t bored & restless.

OTOH, give it to a normal kid, and it’s like giving them a jumbo can of Red Bull.

Thank you for that chaser. Unicorn status confirmed. I owe you one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.