A Chipotle in Kentucky was forced to shut down for the evening after half the staff walked out

Originally published at: A Chipotle in Kentucky was forced to shut down for the evening after half the staff walked out | Boing Boing

16 Likes

It’s not hard to follow the law assholes. Just fucking do it.

Asshole customers should be thrown out and refused service from then on.

51 Likes

Chipotle bouncer sounds like a fun job. I might even do it for free.

33 Likes

LIVING WAGE! NOW!

n.mna.mbnva.mnvb,mnb

31 Likes

This seems like the kind of thing we’re needing in modern America - someone to make sure the employees of a company can feel safe while their working.

29 Likes

I can donate my time gladly for that service, kind’a get a workout and public service sounds cool to me.

19 Likes

“All this while the corporation’s leaders sat “in their offices not helping us just so we can work ourselves to death as we made them more money,” she said.”
Capitalism in a nutshell. Now there’s something they don’t teach in school (at least schools controlled by capitalists). Eventually workers take a look at graphs of wage rates and wealth distribution over time and begin to start questioning the supply-side trickle down wealth concentration policies championed by the oligarchy over the last 40years. They are starting to lose control of the workers and are beginning to convince the ignorant among us fascism is the way to go. This is not really going anywhere good.

30 Likes

This sort of thing makes me wonder how long before they start forcing prisoners to do the jobs nobody else will do. And then start imprisoning even more people.

11 Likes

Stop giving them ideas!

27 Likes

Honestly, sometimes it’s hard to reconcile the fact that they also want immigrants kept out of the country.

18 Likes

I just found out that it isn’t a franchise. That’s a bit of a letdown.

Ooh. Can we bring non-firearm weapons?

I want to dress up like an Oni with a big tetsubo.

“Yes they messed up your order. What’s the polite and mature way of addressing this issue?”

15 Likes
25 Likes

I went to a Chipotle here in New Jersey today and they had a closed sign on the door, but no explanation. And it’s not the first time this location has been unexpectedly closed. I guess I now know why. God, why does everything have to suck here?! And on top of it all, we came perilously close to electing a Republican governor here yesterday, and it’s still possible that Jack-hole might still win.

15 Likes
14 Likes

Capitalists would rather die in civil war than live modestly.

25 Likes

They already do that.

The US never abolished slavery. Just added steps to it in the 13th and 14th amendments.

27 Likes

Hang in there.
I hear you.

And if you are hankering for a decent nosh, maybe check around for a good Greek joint. Like, a family-owned restaurant that does really good felafel, gyros, etc.

16 Likes

Of course, anything terrible just got worse under the previous administration:

I’m more concerned that they’ll move on from prisoners and start arranging positions for folks in debt.

27 Likes

Its almost as if the workers control the means of production. Hmm where did we hear this before?

19 Likes