A Collective Blog of Commenters

A group blog of interest to happy mutants.

3 Likes

Would this categorical structure be emergent (using tags) or fixed (with subcategories)? Or would it be some hybrid of both?

I agree that the ideal structure should be inviting to writers with deep knowledge in niche topics as well as those rare diamonds with broad knowledge but incredible insight and analysis (think David Foster Wallace).

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry @waetherman, I keep thinking you missed out on some great titles.

Iā€™m inclined to agree. I think that any ā€œvoiceā€ we have should arise organically from our posts. I also think, as I stated earlier, that too many criteria make for too few posts and I want, at least initially, to incentivize frequent posting, because we need regular visitors and we need to take advantage of the BB bump that weā€™re going to get when we start this. Momentum is very important to this venture, and Iā€™m already concerned that weā€™re losing some of it.

Isnā€™t @Snowlark in illustration? Though admittedly webcomics are a merger of two different skillsets. Iā€™ve drawn little cartoons throughout my life, but wouldnā€™t dream of calling myself an artist.

I nominate @nimelennar as Editor Lead. Weā€™ve already missed our first, admittedly arbitrary, deadline.

5 Likes

Yep. Right now Iā€™m just working on storyboards for a short as well as a childrenā€™s book, so I have a productive amount of room for something like this. Iā€™ll post samples of my work later today when I have access to them.

1 Like

Re: the name. How about something like The Collective? Though Sprung is good too.

Re: that font. No. Fuckinā€™ hate it, whether for headlines or body.

Re: copyediting. Have tentatively started on a tentative style guide. Only three points so farā€¦ will add more now that Iā€™ve got to the bottom of this thread and seen the suggestions, and post asap.

2 Likes

If elected, I will perform this task methodically.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Great! Hereā€™s one of mine, though in all seriousness I just want to write and am more than content leave comicing to others.

The Combine? Althoughā€¦

2 Likes

For when borg connotations just donā€™t cut it.

2 Likes

So calling it ā€œAssimilateā€ would be a little too on the nose, I take it?

2 Likes

So this is how itā€™s going to be?
Futile to resist then?

2 Likes

Commenty Bang Bang

5 Likes

We could call ourselves Chatty Chatty. That way, if we ever merge back into Boing Boing, weā€™d be Chatty Chatty Boing Boing.

18 Likes

Why am I out of likes? For the 3rd time today? After only liking 2 posts this time?

Now that I think about itā€¦is that something that can be improved in our Chatty Chatty blog? Can we like with impunity? Pretty please?

(Why am I posting as if it were the Questions thread?)

4 Likes

The joke was done far better by others many years ago, butā€¦

10 Likes

The Disapointment

Because get it?

7 Likes

I want this! LOL

3 Likes

Hereā€™s sample 1 of 4.

Note: I donā€™t do much contour rendering anymore, unless someone insists on it.

11 Likes

Sample 2. A sketch for a childrenā€™s book where the entire landscape is alive. Shelved at the moment.

11 Likes

Sample 3. A sketchā€¦yawn. Iā€™m including it only because it demonstrates what I can do given thirty minutes. (Donā€™t be that editor)

8 Likes