A creepy occult grimoire that was co-authored by an AI

Originally published at: A creepy occult grimoire that was co-authored by an AI | Boing Boing

I kind of want that guy that claimed the AI was sentient and had a soul to read this.

6 Likes

What is it about all things AI? It’s always creepy. Creepy stories, creepy imagery, creepy science, creepy physics, etc…

Maybe call it CI instead.

3 Likes

Do you want the return of the Great Old Ones? Because this is how you get the return of the Great Old Ones.

8 Likes

I don’t think this would lead to the return of the Great Old Ones. I think it’s more likely to result in the return (or creation) of Exodus. Are any of the researchers involved in this project named Mondain or Minax?

4 Likes

Quick, someone put Great Old Ones Archer Cartoon into Dall-E and see what we get.

2 Likes

So the actual, human author’s name is Alley Wurds? Are we sure it’s not Ai all the way down?

I’ve been messing around with GPT-3. It really is uncanny what it comes up with (it’s great at the fantasy stuff), but you can start to see the patterns when the more you use it (I highly suggest getting the trail account). Here’s some stuff I came up with: https://theblorgonchronicles.blogspot.com/

2 Likes

This sounds like the sort of project that gets you conscripted into the Laundry, assuming you survive.

5 Likes

I don’t know…I can kind of see a “We were summoned by a what now? Fuck this, I’m going back to sleep” moment.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.