A fluoride conspiracy theorist secretly helped kids get cavities

in a situation like this, not only should the asshat lose his job and be barred from government work in the future (which would immediately get him a long-term hosting gig on Faux News), he should be personally liable for all the dental bills of everyone served by the water district he affected for the next 20 years. also every person in the district should be entitled to sue him, personally, for all their previous dental bills going back to the date of his appointment.

2 Likes

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Fluoride-HealthProfessional/

7 Likes

Thank you! That’s a really nice overview.

Fluoridated municipal drinking water—including water that people drink as well as foods and beverages prepared using municipal drinking water—accounts for about 60% of fluoride intakes in the United States [3,8].

60 % is quite a lot. Keeps me wondering about things. I’ll have to look at the sources linked.

1 Like

Some areas have naturally occurring fluoride in their water. And some is necessary for bone health.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’m well aware. The thing is: for Germany, e.g., natural occuring flurides concentration is lower then in what I found given for (most) of the US. Still, Germany does not add flurides to tap water, and there seems to be a consensus that toothpaste with fluorides is well enough, and general uptake via food is also enough.

That’s my starting point. I would be interested if there were comparable long-term stats about cavities… But so far, no luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.