A magician drove a 6-inch nail through his hand in a trick gone horribly wrong

A magician drove a 6-inch nail through his hand in a trick gone horribly wrong

What do you mean “gone horribly wrong”? He nailed it!

18 Likes

Mark, just get Brushwood to teach you, that way it can always go wrong the way you want it to.

1 Like

Let’s give him a hand, ladies and gentlemen!

Yeah, that’s why I tried giving a warning before the video link. Saw that one years ago, cringeworthy stuff. The spectator seemed to be taking it well, though - at least there wasn’t any lasting damage.

2 Likes

Penn and Teller have executive producer credits on Fool Us. I suppose it is possible that they don’t attend dress rehearsal and tell the talent coordinator, producer and directors to “surprise them”. Dunno.

Anyone who has worked with a nail gun lives in fear of ricochet. Nail hits a knot in the stud and if you are holding the wood with your hand you are screaming Jesus.

I got bit with a framing nail into my palm once. The doctor had seen plenty and said as long as it misses the bones it’s usually no big deal.

1 Like

While its is possible that they know what is going to be presented it kind of loses some appeal if it is “we watched the dress rehearsal reviewed your application and somehow you managed to not fool us”. While the entire misdirection and prior knowledge is part of magic I could see them leaving it out to try to create a more genuine show. Then again how better to create the appearance of a genuine show than to know everything beforehand.

It would, I’d think. I was surprised to learn that the “judges” on So You Think You Can Dance watch the dress rehearsals. So it wouldn’t surprise me if P&T attend dress rehearsals, and know the acts in advance, too. But I have no knowledge of whether they do or not.

Yeah, and with the powder-actuated nail guns you have to worry about the nails punching right through the bone. That’s gotta really suck, and thankfully I have not experienced it.

Although I was in a room once when concrete nails started firing up through the floor from below… the guys one story down were using too heavy a powder charge! It took a few minutes to figure out what was going on, because they’d been making noise all day, and you don’t expect nails to come up through concrete… it was like, “why are the floor tiles over there suddenly jumping up and hitting the ceiling? Should I go take a closer look?”

6 Likes

Here… this will horrify you. And it’s highly germane.

It’s my twin brother, after his nail gun sent a 16d sinker through the skin on back of his knuckle. No blood.

1 Like
1 Like

Funny, my first thought was “that sounds like a trick Penn & Teller would do, but pretend to screw up in order to horrify the audience with fake blood.”

4 Likes

The guy is an illusionist, not a magician. This is (probably) not sorcery, people!

1 Like

Why am I watching these?

1 Like

10 Likes

Tricks are something whores do for money.

4 Likes

Or out of a sense of social responsibility! The money can be incidental.

3 Likes

I can’t possibly predict the sick impulses that may drive you.

Myself, mainly morbid curiosity…

2 Likes

That sounds about right.

ONE!!! TWO!!!

Close tab. Nup nup nup. Not watching that. No sir.

1 Like

Good thing you didn’t react by looking into the holes to see what what happening.

1 Like