A massive musical medley about moms

Originally published at: A massive musical medley about moms | Boing Boing

1 Like

68804a36-182b-4538-8100-dda2dc034720_text

2 Likes

Let Muvver sort it out if 'e comes round 'ere

1 Like

So, “maternal-themed” means someone used a variation of the word “mother” in their song? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah. For a pretty easy target, it managed to fail to have any cohesive theme at all.
It may as well have thrown in Prince’s “Sexy MF” and it wouldn’t have been out of place.

No Scissor Sisters!?

I think I’ll just put this on loop for the same duration and have a better “tribute”.

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Well, here was a missed opportunity. :grinning:

Disgusteen

Teenage Head - Topic
(@about 1:35)

I think Mother Love deserves it’s entirety, the very last thing Freddie recorded, he was tired and said he’d finish the last bit the next day, he never returned so Brian finished the song. The ending is awesome with Larry Lurex making a final appearance singing Goin Back, a song written by Carol King and Gerry Goffin. Also every Queen song ever recorded.

2 Likes

Some great stuff in there both expected and not. Don’t know how he missed Danzig.

I don’t think I saw Danzig’s Mother…

Or Nanci Griffith’s version of Turn Around…

2 Likes

I appreciate the work and creativity that went into this. It reminds me of an old K-Tel commercial, with snippets of lots of different songs.

2 Likes
1 Like

No. Just no.

1 Like

Heard this one today and thought about this topic.

Let’s not forget the mom song by Anita Renfroe, every mom phrase sung to the William Tell Overture.

And the definitive Mother song.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.