A new biography reveals the Koch brothers' very early role in creating organized climate denial

I suspect the gameplan of the Kochs, to a certain extent, is to create long term advantage for their interests by undermining state ability to plan in the long term. If the Kochs are able to plan and act with long term goals in mind while states can only act in the short term, it is clearly to the Koch advantage in that their long term strategy cannot be undermined by the state acting on the same timescale - short-term reactions to any aspect of Koch activity can then be easily shrugged off as they will be ineffectual in impeding the long game.

Yep. They’re Immortan Joe.

2 Likes

One of their many groups is i360, which provides detailed information on everyone and how we’ll vote. (I say we because I doubt they limit it to Americans.)

https://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Category:I360

If Cambridge Analytica really is dead (ha), and Karl Rove is still out of favor, then that leaves the Koch DB as the only player for the Republicans.

(The true value of these DBs in a general election can be debated, of course.)

2 Likes

That’s my take too. They can certainly afford houses and servants in a number of regions that may be among the remaining habitable areas, or for that matter be able to build residences almost anywhere that can withstand climate change. And since they know that bad times may come for the rest of the world, and many people hate them, they better keep the money coming in by continuing to set the world on fire, so that they have enough money to ensure their progeny’s continued survival. To pay for guards, guns and walls and such. Also they would like to continue to keep morons or co-conspirators in charge of democracies, as if there’s enough sensible people in charge, they might be (gasp) heavily fined and censured.

1 Like

Uh, yeah… I blame failing eyesight and spell-check for that indiscretion.
And you guys who can spell and see should get off my lawn.
How about that, goml? I think I’ll have a t-shirt made.

2 Likes

I feel like the book should have been called, “Koched Up”, but yeah. Fuck those guys.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.