A Plethora of Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Darthfield, Percival Dunwoody, and much more!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/06/a-plethora-of-super-fun-pak-co.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Super-Fun-Pak Comix features a Zone of Surprising, Ironic Plot Twists, The New Yorker Cinematic Universe, and so, so much more!

5 Likes

I am never going to get sick of “actually it’s frankenstein’s monster” jokes.

16 Likes

darthfield meant to say " cubic parsec " and obie jon knew this and was being pedantic ; no-one ever ’ deserves ’ to be force choked , but this occasion was , perhaps , provoked in an understandable if not quite justified fashion

8 Likes

Actually it’s actually an “It’s actually Frankenstein’s monster’s joke” joke.

17 Likes

Within a parsec.

Space is more than three-dimensional, you know.

5 Likes

How’s this for one: “Actually, Frankenstein’s Monster is a Frankenstein (he’s effectively Frankenstein’s child), and Frankenstein is a monster (he torments and rejects his child). So actually they’re both Frankenstein and Frankenstein’s Monster!”

I can’t wait for the New Yorker Cinematic Universe to gain back the rights to the Addams Family—MGM has been mishandling those characters! And when will Guys-In-Napoleon’s-Army-Marching-Away-From-Russia get their own stand-alone film? It’s overdue!

13 Likes

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who thinks that.

8 Likes

I would totally watch a New Yorker Cinematic Universe movie.

6 Likes

Netflix made this - I don’t know what to call it, short film? - called Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein. I was basically sure it was going to be disappointing, like you can’t live up to that title. But wow did it have some excellent moments.

4 Likes

Huh?

Strictly speaking within a parsec would imply a parsec radius and be more than one cubic parsec, it would be 4.19 cubic parsecs

aggghhh!
:wink:

6 Likes

One parsec within any direction, including those we can’t perceive.

6 Likes

Ah, an n-sphere. I wonder how lasagna tastes in higher-dimensional spaces. :yum:

7 Likes

Edward Tufte is directing, but it may take a while as he hand-inks the entire script in sparklines.

7 Likes

The real monsters are the ones we made along the way.

7 Likes

Previously in the New Yorker Cinematic Universe:

(Has it been four years already…? It is too good of a joke to languish in such obscurity.)

3 Likes

But will Martin Scorsese?

I love that FunPak; it had the horse who doesn’t know base 10!

2 Likes

“Creature from the Black Lagoon’s Monster”

giphy

The only correct take.

4 Likes

David Harbour is much funnier than I expected, and though the faux-doc didn’t hit every mark, I applaud the effort.

Also, Darthfield is a win. Just because.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know whether to recommend it to people because I know I’m such a sucker for Frankenstein jokes that I don’t know how fair my opinion is but the whole thing reminded me of Dark Place in a good way (though it was definitely no Dark Place). One thing they definitely got right was the length. You don’t see a lot of 32 minute films, but it was good that they knew the limits of what they could get out of the material.