A righteous mother charged in the college cheating scandal scolded others about cheating on Instragram

The irony is, she’s stupidly unaware of how she’s being played into admitting her guilt. So yeah, they thought she was, shall we say, not-so-brilliant, and they were right.

4 Likes

“Do as I say, not as I do” has always been the rule for the golden ones.

To be shocked, it needs to go contrary to your belief in whatever it is that shocks you. Like if Trump was seen cuddling a puppy and showing genuine affection; that would shock me.

Personally, I’m just not shocked by this. Some of the underbelly of our educational system has been exposed and it’s about as dirty as I expected. It’s different than what we already know about, but it’s not shocking.

I’ll be shocked if rich white people start serving real, federal, prison time.

11 Likes

Cheating works better if you’re the only one cheating… right? Hypocrisy and projection are the defining characteristics of the last couple years.

2 Likes

As long as that’s not the same time that a poor person would serve for similar crimes, then I’m still not shocked.

5 Likes

Hmmm. That might not be the most fair assessment one could make.

2 Likes

You see the same thing with politicians grandstanding when a colleague is caught having an affair, or when they campaign so enthusiastically against gay rights.

2 Likes

Um, that’s really not how it works. By that logic, if you apply to 20 schools with a 5% admission rate, you will get into two of them. A kid with crap grades and crap test scores isn’t getting into ANY school with an 18% admission rate, unless they can tip the scales with donation dollars, athletic prowess, alumni connections, or BS like this scam.

None of which is to say that fetishizing such schools is anything other than a sickness. I’m just saying that 18% is low, and means something.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Yeah, but on the flip side, liars always cheat!

5 Likes

What ever happened to just buying directly into the school? I mean, with the like 500%* ballooned cost of college administration, they certainly could use some extra cash for office supplies.

*Sarcastic number, not sure on the actual percentage.

2 Likes

But we’re not talking about indigent students with no resources and neglectful parents. We’re talking about wealthy children who went to the best secondary schools and tutors and have helicopter parents. A USC-level school (if not USC) is a pretty attainable goal (without corruption).

Helicopter parenting, but by people who own helicopters. – Ryan J. Reilly

3 Likes

Even setting aside the fact that Donald Sr. clearly bought his way into a fancy school, why do so many of the people who voted for a former TV host and SAG member who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame keep trying to dunk on “Hollywood”?

8 Likes

Because he’s One Of Them, just like the NYC-dwelling millionaire ivy league graduates on Fox News who spend all night whining about out-of-touch coastal elitists.

Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom now. hurk

11 Likes

Because everyone from Hollywood that worked with him says he is a terrible person and horrible actor.

6 Likes

Yes, but everyone who did business with him says he’s a terrible person and a horrible businessman yet Trump supporters aren’t always dunking on “business.”

9 Likes

But wait, it gets better!

7 Likes

Hollywood == “liberal elites” we want to make cry.

Since “Business” can include conservatives they just mumble that everyone complaining are just salty about losing to Trump’s great business acumen and leave it at that. No liberal tears under this rock in their imagineering.

ETA: in any case it is all deflection to hide his many inadequacies.

5 Likes

With right-wingers it’s also code for da Jooooos!

6 Likes

As long as we ignore the fact that most Hollywood-celebs-turned-politicians have been Republicans, including the cowboy President most conservatives think of as a demigod.

8 Likes

I agree. I assume that Hollywood is diverse like any large group and has more variation than it is normally credited. But that is mostly inconvenient for bumper sticker conspiracies. Also, I seem to recall some of those Hollywood conservatives claiming they were victimized by the liberals for being openly conservative which feeds right into the conservative narrative.

7 Likes