A short video history of Rasputin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/08/a-short-video-history-of-raspu.html

2 Likes

Here’s another informative video about Rasputin

Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear

15 Likes

Cracked had a good bit about his death.

3 Likes

There lived a certain man, in Russia long ago

6 Likes

I always found the story of him walking back and forth across the vast wildernesses of Russia to be the most fascinating and impressive part of the story.

1 Like

I did a report on Rasputin in high school. At the end of the report it seemed less like he was a wizard as reported and more like the royal family of Russia was a bunch of inbred idiots who got suckered by a charismatic sociopath. His “magic healing powers” seemed to be mostly not freaking out when the little prince got a cut and keeping up the basic first aid for long enough to be effective.

11 Likes

I like this version as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

100% relevant!

5 Likes

More informative than the silly ‘video history’ .

They have a fun little display of the Rasputin “dinner party” at the Yusupov Palace in St Petersburg. It costs extra but was well worth it. The palace is amazing in and of itself – the family was wealthier than the Romanovs themselves.

3 Likes

100% relevant indeed!

I counter with this cartoon opening that samples/copy from it.

1 Like

I’ve always found it odd that the Don Bluth classic Anastasia blames Rasputin’s black magic for fomenting the Bolshevik revolution and the downfall of the Romanov dynasty.

1 Like

A-ha!! This calls for unnecessary tetris-themed video!!

2 Likes

No, that video is very necessary.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.