Don Jr’s knowledge of Russian history is also not accurate

Originally published at: Don Jr's knowledge of Russian history is also not accurate | Boing Boing

6 Likes

If he want’s compare this to Russia, look to Putin who will have you killed just because you he doesn’t like you.

10 Likes

Apparently the lessons he’s taking for all things Russian are not sticking in his brain.
You know, in preparation for The Trump Crime Family midnight defection.

10 Likes

Does that make Giulani Rasputin?

12 Likes

If Donnie J knew more Russian history, he might not be in a hurry to draw parallels between the Trumps and the Romanovs.

20 Likes

He’s talking about Russia’s illegal war unleashed on Ukraine right?

14 Likes

The Romanovs, like this cokehead’s clan, used a lot of gilt and bling and celebrity to pretend they were the wealthiest family in their country.

17 Likes

Is he talking specifically about the Romanovs? IIRC the Bolsheviks nationalised all private property.

6 Likes

He has no idea what he’s on about. As usual.

12 Likes

Test Fail GIF by P!NK

9 Likes

15 Likes

Sadly it doesn’t matter, he was addressing the marks who watch a far-right talk show designed to gather them in.

edit: minor grammar

10 Likes

Which? Civil asset forfeiture or being held accountable for one’s actions? Sometimes the second results in the first…

6 Likes

Just wanted to politely edit/correct the headline:

'Don Jr's knowledge is not accurate'

I believe an argument could be made for this correction, too:

'Don Jr's knowledge is not'

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t think he has the charisma/cult of personality to be Rasputin.

Did they have a Bridge trolley during the Russian Revolution?

4 Likes

Rudy does strike me as someone who might be able to drink three glasses of poisoned wine with no discernible effect though.

9 Likes

He’s spent the last 200 years building up an immunity to wine, so…

9 Likes

Rudy’s baseline toxin levels are so high that a glass of red wine is probably his version of a juice cleanse.

6 Likes

Like all things Trump, he can only attract bargain basement religious crackpots:

8 Likes

Not all of it, but yeah – the 1917 revolution not only wasn’t just about the Romanovs, it wasn’t about them at all.

It wasn’t really about Lenin or Trotsky either. Capitalist history insists it’s all about Great Men, because the thought of regular people driving history is the forbidden nightmare, but that’s what happened in 1917. It started without Lenin, and notoriously moved further and faster than he wanted. Basically, capital had made things so uniformly shitty that once it began, everyone was organising revolutionary commitees at their factories and barracks and schools, and suddenly no one everyone was in charge.

There was never some grand plot to kill the Romanovs; in the end, their servants turned out to be more important to history than they were, and shot them because they were in the way.

Maybe Turmp jr. should chew on that. I’d recommend October by China Miéville if he wanted to understand better, and could read.

6 Likes