Trump denies his ever deepening Russian connections

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/trump-denies-his-ever-deepenin.html

7 Likes

Well. Glad we cleared that all up.

18 Likes

of%20course

17 Likes

He didn’t say he wasn’t a Russian asset.

7 Likes

48 Likes

so the LIAR says he never worked for Russia, hmmm

9 Likes

Bit of a “I am not a crook” moment there.
Delicious!

16 Likes

“For” is different than “with”.

15 Likes

And to be fair, a bit of a “I never had sexual relations with that women” moment as well.

11 Likes

12 Likes

So trump has never done work for Russia (perhaps), but he’s even more likely to have been a client for Russian “banking”. Would Senate republicans feel so much more confident cowardly standing by their leader if it became public that trump owed on massive loans from a Putin controlled “bank”?

9 Likes

No, he didn’t say that. He said he was offended.

3 Likes

I’m repeating myself from a thread on Trump related issues, but this answer just made me think of Rob Ford. Reporters asked him about the crack tape and he said, “I don’t use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine.” What he didn’t say was, “I have never used crack cocaine.”

Sometimes I’m just utterly baffled by why people don’t just lie. You lie all the time, why not about this?

16 Likes

Well you may be “offended” but you’re also probably a Russian Agent.

13 Likes

By which he means that’s he’s never received a W-2 from Russia.

An offer of a condo or hotel deal, a piece of Gazprom or exclusive rights to the Pee tape? Not so much.

12 Likes

In his mind it’s “they worked for me”

I don’t see why not since that’s been public knowledge for a very long time

14 Likes

That’s tantamount to a straight up confession, no?

2 Likes

He did say he was offended, but he first said “I never worked for Russia”.

2 Likes

I don’t think he would ever realize that he IS a Russian asset. Not enough brains.

7 Likes

Technically true-- he has always worked for himself, even now as a public servant.

4 Likes