A single tuna fish sold for $3.1 million

We get Mexican albacore fresh here and it’s really good grilled rare. Also, I like to pan fry it with panko in my cast iron skillet.

2 Likes

The village where I grew up in Atlantic Canada fished Bluefin Tuna and sold them for tens of thousands of dollars a fish. Japanese fish merchants would come for the season and after the fish was brought ashore, it was auctioned off then flown to Tokyo within 24 hours. Over 20 years ago I remember them catching hundreds of bluefin but now they barely catch any. I ate a lot of tuna steaks back then cause they were so easy to get for next to nothing.

1 Like

Not to mention that it’s a bit of a “big dick swinging” thing for the guy that’s usually responsible for buying the first fish.

Seems like it’s part superstition, and part social manipulation technique to ensure that his name/business stays on top and maintains reputation.

Fresh albacore is better than yellowfin, grilled. It’s seasonal here, but when it’s in season it’s amazing, and often goes for under $10/lb.

1 Like

You must be considerably closer to salt water than I am!

1 Like

I can’t quite see it from here, but I can almost smell it! So, yeah, safe to say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.