A small child tries to get hand sanitizer out of a brick, and everything else, in adorable video

Originally published at: A small child tries to get hand sanitizer out of a brick, and everything else, in adorable video | Boing Boing

14 Likes

My grandbaby was born during the pandemic and waves and talks to photos, thinking they are zoom calls.

33 Likes

so cute sad cute sad cute sad cute sad…cade.

17 Likes

10 Likes

At least she’s mimicking good hygiene, and hopefully won’t grow up to be anti-vax and anti-mask.

16 Likes

I gotta go with more sad than cute. Ditto the child talking to photographs. It’s never been a valid reason not have and follow precautions like masking and separation, but it’s not a lie that this has had a big impact on developing children. There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of attention being paid to addressing that rather than just trying to use it as an excuse not to do things safely.

2 Likes

You mean they aren’t?

2 Likes

She looks to have just entered toddlerhood. She appears to be healthy, clean, and actively inquisitive; I think she’ll be okay. At the age of two, I once tried to dunk a kitten into a park pond. Now I worship at the feet of cats for the gods they are.

11 Likes

Well before the pandemic, we caught my friends’ daughter trying to swipe pictures in a magazine like she would on the iPhone. It was pretty eye-opening to me how natural and pervasive this technology has become.

7 Likes

Too cute for words. 2 thumbs up!

1 Like

My kiddos immediately figured out touch screens, and are always frustrated with old-school screens like televisions or laptop screens that are read-only. Also they never understood that this was supposed to be a phone:

They assumed it was some alien with big ears

8 Likes

My nephew was the same at that age- he would paw and pinch and swipe at TVs and couldn’t understand why nothing happened. The notion that 50 years of display technologies existed before touch is totally lost on him. :grin:

4 Likes

Now, if pinch-shrink were only implemented, I could read certain webpages on mobile. :-}

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.