A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

“ Skakel, the nephew of Robert F. Kennedy’s widow, was convicted of killing Moxley in 2002 and sentenced to 20 years to life. After serving 11 years while being denied multiple appeals, he was granted a new trial in 2013 due to mistakes made by his trial lawyer.”

“ Of more than 50 witnesses in the case, 17 are now dead, including the key witness who said Skakel confessed to the 1975 killing, ”

10 Likes

Well, this looks incredibly gross based on the first few sentences.

GamerGate, but funny? A lead character named Vivian? Eugh…

9 Likes

A woman wrote the script, so maybe there’s a little hope… but it could still go so very wrong. Most sport-type movies follow the “plucky underdog team defeats obstacles to win,” which could be cool, but I don’t find anything about GamerGate funny… so I guess we’ll see.

11 Likes

Exactly this. Unless it is a dramedy that exposes the toxic, cruel, and dangerous behavior of gamers who target women, I wouldn’t spend time on it. The last thing we need is a movie watched by millions of people that glosses over or downplays the reality of this subject. It just reinforces the denial of people whose mantra about everything that doesn’t affect them is, “It can’t really be that bad.”

14 Likes

Agreed. Even if the movie is on “women’s side”, by making it a comedy, I’m not sure it’s taking that seriously.

13 Likes

I’m not sure from reading the article that the movie has anything whatsoever to do with gamergate and that the author didn’t just misuse the word.

11 Likes

Saying the quiet part out loud again?

16 Likes

With your approved male guardian

10 Likes

And if you don’t embrace those things, there’s no place for you here and you can go anywhere…else. So much for freedom of religion and separation of church and state, right?

16 Likes
6 Likes

“Palm Beach is going to be very happy that it’s gone,” he told the Journal.

Some because the evidence is destroyed.

12 Likes

Here is a genre of essay that I hate…

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

15 Likes

Everyone knows that the breasts are where the ladybrains reside.

Thomas Chatterton Williams is nearly forty years old. Pretentious manbabies are the worst manbabies.

11 Likes

OITNB-piper-ladybrain

13 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah. That’s why they fired him.

18 Likes
14 Likes