A thread of our own- misogyny

15 Likes

I mean, he is only accused of sexually assaulting women. She smoked weed!! Let’s be honest about the relative seriousness of these offenses! (/s)

21 Likes
18 Likes

After a 2016 investigation found that more than 500 Alabama women had been prosecuted under the state’s chemical endangerment law for filling their prescriptions while pregnant, the state legislature clarified that the law was meant to apply only to recreational drugs, not prescription drugs. Yet Blalock, who merely filled her own prescription, is still being charged for taking her meds. Her prosecution suggests that Alabama authorities are looking for creative ways to limit the rights of pregnant women, regardless of the clearly expressed intent of their own legislature.

As usual. It’s all about controlling women and making them less-than-fully realized humans. As soon as you get pregnant, your rights as a human being cease. Gilead is coming.

20 Likes

I don’t want to be piling it on the HCWs, who’ve already dealt with so much especially this past 18 months…but this sounds like the AL state legislature is trying to make every pregnant woman more responsible for the medications they are prescribed than the highly schooled and highly trained professionals who prescribe them and make money off said actions…am I missing something?

14 Likes

Nope, not at all. If they put it on us, we would immediately start finding work-around, and have legal teams working on it. Go after those least able to defend themselves for best likelihood of “success.”

15 Likes

I’m glad she’s speaking out about this, because it reminds me of what happened to Sean Young:

18 Likes

How terrible is it that I am actually relieved that Murray was “only” an insulting asshole to Liu, and that it was not something much more heinous like sexual assault or racism (like it usually is, when we hear these stories?)

Good for Lucy Liu standing up for herself…

18 Likes

Honestly, “insulting asshole” seems like small potatoes relative to the shit we seem to come across all too regularly.

19 Likes

I would quibble with Young’s interpretation of being blacklisted for Batman and Returns, though.

In Batman, she broke her arm during rehearsals, so they replaced her with Kim Basinger.

For Returns, she practically showed up at Warner Brothers wearing a homemade Catwoman costume, and was shown the door by security.

4 Likes

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-mad

17 Likes

Some people live only to stir up shit about women and POC. They get off being assholes.

It’s truly exhausting.

16 Likes

This say a whole lot more about them as opposed to Simone Biles… but yeah, it’s still exhausting.

12 Likes

I keep picturing these guys trying to do what she does (at the most basic level) and it makes me smile because they can’t.

10 Likes

They would literally break all their bones if they tried even the more basic of gymnastics routines, not to mention her incredible high flying moves… She does things that probably no other human (maybe one or two) can do. They need to go take a long walk off a short pier…

Simone Biles Sport GIF by Team USA

17 Likes

Okay, then let’s see her shoot a round of skeet, or catch a bigmouth in the off season!

/s

7 Likes

This is another scary take on the story. Loved Michael Harriot’s tweet about the critics, too.

18 Likes

My Twitter-using husband said that there are asshats on Twitter who’ve tweeted out Michael Jordan’s work ethic: “Did Michael Jordan quit when thing got tough!?!”

Why yes, he did. He quit the NBA for two years when things were getting tough. I don’t fault Michael Jordan for hitting pause. Right-wing males have serious memory issues. :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

15 Likes

Holy shit… That does put it in a different perspective.

I hope she gets back to feeling better soon.

Simone Biles Sport GIF by Team USA

18 Likes