A thread to catalog all the other threads

Another work of Kafka is even better suited to describe the thread maze outlined here

5 Likes

Last night, the Steering Committee was meeting in the fishbowl, but the Steering Oversight Committee burst into the room and took over the meeting. I don’t know how they did that, because they are all the same members of both committees, but they did manage it and so the Steering meeting was cancelled; they did not get to even item one on their agenda. Then, Steering Oversight immediately canceled all further Steering Committee meetings for the rest of the year. It’s a complete mess, and when I brought this up to Suneetha in Planning Management, she said, “Well, I am on both committees, and let me tell you, what a bunch of a-holes on our Steering Committee. They were running wild with agenda items, trying to steer things that didn’t need to be steered.”

“But, Suneetha, aren’t all the Steering Committee members also on Steering Oversight?”

“My point exactly, a bunch of friggin a-holes. Unless Steering Oversight had stepped in last night, Steering was about to vote on some stuff that nobody was going to like. For example, Folgers. They were going to switch Folgers out for Peet’s. And we know, from that massive survey we did last summer that everybody at the company likes Folgers.”

“I hate Folgers.”

“Did you take the survey?” she asked, quizzically, almost accusationally.

“Yes, of course.”

“Then you must be in the extreme minority, because we tallied the results ourselves, by hand. Point being, Steering was about to steer us into a tree. A crap coffee tree.” Suneetha flashed her kindly, but oh so sharp teeth at me.

“Coffee doesn’t grow on trees. So, what is Steering Oversight doing now? We need to know if threads can move forward. I have two hundred new threads that need staging,” I said.

“All thread reviews have been halted temporarily. Any that slip through will be dealt with on Monday. Steering Oversight has a charity invitational at Silent Oaks today, a Bernillary rally later tonight, and a pot-luck tomorrow, so we are tied up this weekend. If you really need something done, you can call Bob in the Bursar’s office. He has override until Monday.”

7 Likes

The first revolution in less than 24 hours! This thread is such a great success!

I’m dying to see how the leadership situation will turn out

6 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what the Executive Sponsorship Committee has to say about the Steering Oversight Committees handling of the Steering Committee shenanigans. Drama alert!

Hopefully the Board doesn’t have to get involved, since that risks approval from a simple majority of preferred stakeholders if it is purely internal issues (such as coffee), but could require a super majority of preferred and common stakeholders if this impacts customer facing Prod systems.

4 Likes

In order to smooth the transition and immanentize the eschaton, the board has decided to bring in a consulting firm to advise us on the proper best practices during this paradigm shift.

Let’s really think out of the box on this one.

So… What would you say you do here?

9 Likes

2 Likes

Hey, who wrote all these damn rules?

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Such a dear young chap.

[B][1][a][2][d][3][ ][14][p][4][a][5][r][6][e][7][n][8][t][9][i][10][n][11][g][12][?][13]
[1]: Did you ever want to play questions?
[2]: Little girl has an iron grip, takes a 360 degree ride
[3]: Mad Max mocks machismo
[4]: Sexist scientist "apologizes" for conference remarks, says he was being "honest"
[5]: What is your Band Name, Rapper Name, Album Name
[6]: The new Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer
[7]: Vivienne Westwood drives a tank to David Cameron's house
[8]: Jeb Bush: Leave NSA Alone
[9]: What the hell is going on in this image?
[10]: Why is the "18th century book of satanic illustrations" comments closed?
[11]: Bill Nye on Texas floods and climate change denying politicians
[12]: Rickrolling is sexist, racist and often transphobic in context
[13]: Son of China's richest man thinks two gold Apple Watches is enough for his dog
[14]:Bad parenting?

5 Likes

Script it!

8 Likes

How immanent? Y’all got GPS, right?

3 Likes

Am I doin it right mum?

1 Like

This is a “hurr, a hurr hurr” moment for me. Take no mind.

3 Likes

Do we need to start a staging thread for regional, political, satirical, or humorous sayings?

I’ll ask the Authorities.

2 Likes

Just Robert Anton Wilson refs.

2 Likes

I just can’t even believe this thread lived for 24 hours, let alone 36. It must be really touching that existential nerve inside a few hardcore Boingers. The only thing we lack here are:

1 Like