A thread to catalog all the other threads

You clearly have not HAD enough WINE, good sir.

3 Likes

Is it because I’m having vodka tonight?

2 Likes

My wife thinks it’s bad I’m having any, what with the drug cocktails I’m taking for this damnable post-nasal drip.

My wife gets quieter with each glass of wine I consume. I don’t know why it is. It’s like an auditory hallucination or something.

2 Likes

I propose that we work live against the database at all times. And turn off backups. It quickens the senses to work that way.

5 Likes
1 Like

Agreed. And turn off journaling, these machines will never need to be rebooted.

Unless the filesystem journal gets its own thread??

Yreka!!

4 Likes

Yes. If all threads get entered into a meta thread then we are covered.

1 Like

Is this the wrong thread to point out I am now eating homemade peach ice cream (thank you, lovely wife!) drizzled with cheap Maine-purchased Port?

5 Likes

As long as you stage it, stage the images, fill out the paperwork, file it in triplicate with @Mindysan33’s admin assistant, and run it by the standards committee, you’re good to go, pending their approval.

6 Likes

The ones that end up on my desk will just have to wait until I get back.

Assuming I ever come back.

4 Likes

You forgot User Acceptance Testing. You always forget Acceptance, and that’s why we can’t have nice things.

3 Likes

11 Likes

I hate to publicly correct you, but User Acceptance Testing is a subcommittee of the Standards Committee now. The resolution was passed by General Assembly last May.

Well, fortunately for that we have both an override and a quorum. Your input is extremely valuable, don’t get me wrong, but we want you to be able to take vacations. The machine will still do its work while you are away. And even when you’re back, you know this, the hypervisor can still make a recommendation to override, which gets implemented if the provost and registrar of accounts agree and file their brief with the comptroller’s office and it gets signed off by the bursar. You know this, man. I do not need to explain this process again do I? We have been over this, why it’s important to have checks and balances, and it’s to maintain data integrity. The General Assembly had a 5 hour presentation from the actuaries on this and why it’s important. They did a splendid job. It was entrancing.

3 Likes

THANK GOD YOU’RE BACK.

We are having a small ummmm “issue” up on level 73. Can you go help them out with that? I will have @IanMcLoud and @FFabian brief you in the elevator on your way. THANK YOU. YOU ARE A GODSEND and I will recommend you for promotion next time I “see” the master. Well, talk to. Next time I talk to the master. Assuming I get to say anything.

6 Likes

Wait, what? I am looking at a list of receipts in the system that you are paying to be here. What gives? Nobody gets paid. We all pay in. It’s the collective, remember? Jeez, some “people.”

4 Likes

OK, I’m on it. I’ll file a report when I hear back.

2 Likes

I have Corys next book title.

BB BBS: Dystopian Nightmare

5 Likes

I’m just wondering how long we can keep it up before it gets boring or trite or violent.

3 Likes
2 Likes