A thread to catalog all the other threads

Y’all cool with pork rinds and namkeens?

5 Likes

Ackshually, the whole point of the gif banks is that by copying the image location, you won’t be uploading a new image. Which probably had a having routine to avoid such shenanigans in the backend anyway.

1 Like

Oh, is there a #boingboing Slack channel?

5 Likes

#FUCK IT, WE’LL DO IT LIVE!  

10 Likes

What does Maturity have to do with any of this?

1 Like

I’ve been holding a babby, drinking cheap wine purchased in Maine, and eating surprisingly good frozen pizza. That was heated in an oven. The pizza, not the wine - do you think this is a John Kennedy O’Toole novel?

2 Likes

8 Likes

You clearly have not HAD enough WINE, good sir.

3 Likes

Is it because I’m having vodka tonight?

2 Likes

My wife thinks it’s bad I’m having any, what with the drug cocktails I’m taking for this damnable post-nasal drip.

My wife gets quieter with each glass of wine I consume. I don’t know why it is. It’s like an auditory hallucination or something.

2 Likes

I propose that we work live against the database at all times. And turn off backups. It quickens the senses to work that way.

5 Likes
1 Like

Agreed. And turn off journaling, these machines will never need to be rebooted.

Unless the filesystem journal gets its own thread??

Yreka!!

4 Likes

Yes. If all threads get entered into a meta thread then we are covered.

1 Like

Is this the wrong thread to point out I am now eating homemade peach ice cream (thank you, lovely wife!) drizzled with cheap Maine-purchased Port?

5 Likes

As long as you stage it, stage the images, fill out the paperwork, file it in triplicate with @Mindysan33’s admin assistant, and run it by the standards committee, you’re good to go, pending their approval.

6 Likes

The ones that end up on my desk will just have to wait until I get back.

Assuming I ever come back.

4 Likes

You forgot User Acceptance Testing. You always forget Acceptance, and that’s why we can’t have nice things.

3 Likes

11 Likes