A thread to catalog all the other threads

I hate to publicly correct you, but User Acceptance Testing is a subcommittee of the Standards Committee now. The resolution was passed by General Assembly last May.

Well, fortunately for that we have both an override and a quorum. Your input is extremely valuable, don’t get me wrong, but we want you to be able to take vacations. The machine will still do its work while you are away. And even when you’re back, you know this, the hypervisor can still make a recommendation to override, which gets implemented if the provost and registrar of accounts agree and file their brief with the comptroller’s office and it gets signed off by the bursar. You know this, man. I do not need to explain this process again do I? We have been over this, why it’s important to have checks and balances, and it’s to maintain data integrity. The General Assembly had a 5 hour presentation from the actuaries on this and why it’s important. They did a splendid job. It was entrancing.

3 Likes

THANK GOD YOU’RE BACK.

We are having a small ummmm “issue” up on level 73. Can you go help them out with that? I will have @IanMcLoud and @FFabian brief you in the elevator on your way. THANK YOU. YOU ARE A GODSEND and I will recommend you for promotion next time I “see” the master. Well, talk to. Next time I talk to the master. Assuming I get to say anything.

6 Likes

Wait, what? I am looking at a list of receipts in the system that you are paying to be here. What gives? Nobody gets paid. We all pay in. It’s the collective, remember? Jeez, some “people.”

4 Likes

OK, I’m on it. I’ll file a report when I hear back.

2 Likes

I have Corys next book title.

BB BBS: Dystopian Nightmare

5 Likes

I’m just wondering how long we can keep it up before it gets boring or trite or violent.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Whaddya think this is, the questions thread?

BTW, can I have some of that ice cream and port? Sounds yummy.

4 Likes

I can’t like this name enough.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Here is my report:

5 Likes

A more polite word for senile?

To fulfill my thread filing obligations: I just posted here.

Please assess the quality of my comment.

4 Likes

Please tell me there’s some way to “like” all posts in a given thread in one fell swoop.

3 Likes

No, you must give individual love and cross post your most beloved threads between this and a new thread about most beloved thread.

6 Likes

did the steering committee thread allow the implementation of the most beloved thread?

Perhaps you can tell me that.

2 Likes

Another work of Kafka is even better suited to describe the thread maze outlined here

5 Likes

Last night, the Steering Committee was meeting in the fishbowl, but the Steering Oversight Committee burst into the room and took over the meeting. I don’t know how they did that, because they are all the same members of both committees, but they did manage it and so the Steering meeting was cancelled; they did not get to even item one on their agenda. Then, Steering Oversight immediately canceled all further Steering Committee meetings for the rest of the year. It’s a complete mess, and when I brought this up to Suneetha in Planning Management, she said, “Well, I am on both committees, and let me tell you, what a bunch of a-holes on our Steering Committee. They were running wild with agenda items, trying to steer things that didn’t need to be steered.”

“But, Suneetha, aren’t all the Steering Committee members also on Steering Oversight?”

“My point exactly, a bunch of friggin a-holes. Unless Steering Oversight had stepped in last night, Steering was about to vote on some stuff that nobody was going to like. For example, Folgers. They were going to switch Folgers out for Peet’s. And we know, from that massive survey we did last summer that everybody at the company likes Folgers.”

“I hate Folgers.”

“Did you take the survey?” she asked, quizzically, almost accusationally.

“Yes, of course.”

“Then you must be in the extreme minority, because we tallied the results ourselves, by hand. Point being, Steering was about to steer us into a tree. A crap coffee tree.” Suneetha flashed her kindly, but oh so sharp teeth at me.

“Coffee doesn’t grow on trees. So, what is Steering Oversight doing now? We need to know if threads can move forward. I have two hundred new threads that need staging,” I said.

“All thread reviews have been halted temporarily. Any that slip through will be dealt with on Monday. Steering Oversight has a charity invitational at Silent Oaks today, a Bernillary rally later tonight, and a pot-luck tomorrow, so we are tied up this weekend. If you really need something done, you can call Bob in the Bursar’s office. He has override until Monday.”

7 Likes

The first revolution in less than 24 hours! This thread is such a great success!

I’m dying to see how the leadership situation will turn out

6 Likes