A TikTok-er's viral hideous redesigns are actually being used by major brands

Originally published at: A TikTok-er's viral hideous redesigns are actually being used by major brands | Boing Boing

2 Likes

bb

10 Likes

Somehow it reminds me of this guy’s wonderful work…

https://mobile.twitter.com/fjamie013

2 Likes

Years ago, when I was a very junior graphic designer, I was asked to add a logo to a presentation to a client, so they would have lots to pick from, out of an even number of options. Boss gave me half an hour, so I put together something, so that there would not be nothing in that spot. It was bad, like really bad.

And, that’s the version they picked, the one created so that there would be an even number of logo options. Did I mention it was bad? The business didn’t last, so I didn’t have to look at that abomination for long.

6 Likes

The more TikTok I consume (not in the app, reposted on Instagram, I have standards) the emptier I feel it ultimately is. Then I see something like this, which is genuinely amazing. Then again, I might be the biggest sucker for deadpan delivery in the world. Can’t help it.

2 Likes

I thought the A with the red rectangles and bent papers was the bad logo. That would be a pretty good bad logo.
Neu Adobe

1 Like

I just spent the last hour in that rabbit hole.
She is a delight. If Steven Wright were a pretty blonde

2 Likes

But Steven Wright is a pretty blonde.

And that is how* one of the biggest civil engineering projects in Britain ended up with a really rubbish logo (recently amended to better, well less painful). Clients have wooden eyes.

*insider knowledge

3 Likes

This project? The H is oddly wide.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience. I went confidently into a meeting with four or five proposals, some of which were fine, one or two were padding, and one of which was very clearly the hero.

The client chose the worst design. I was incensed!

After the meeting I felt compelled to ring the client and apologise for my behavior…

:anguished:

1 Like

It is a wide character but is still an improvement

(the strap is a later addition)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.