I have improved Staples' new logo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/05/i-have-improved-staples-new.html

22 Likes

Pray you do not improve it further!

35 Likes

The old logo was simple and clever, this new one is just bland and lazy. Also rebranding isn’t going to help their declining sales, but whatever helps them sleep at night.

39 Likes

They’re following the herd in that regard (and paying grifter design agencies millions for the privilege):

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-20/why-fashion-brands-all-use-the-same-style-font-in-their-logos

41 Likes

Stapler

60 Likes

Bonus:

The connoisseurs understand.

31 Likes

19 Likes

Or…

54 Likes

Looks more like Hurdles to me.

20 Likes

I used to work for Staples until our division got sold. Can’t say I am super keen on the new logo… its ok.

We now have to rebrand any proofs we do for them, though. PITA.

4 Likes

Pretty good. 7/10. The problem is that your staples are too close together and depending on the printing process, will bleed into each other or become one complicated staple. I suggest having a smaller staple inside the larger one, or perhaps the impression of an entire row of staples, diminishing into the distance. Sorry to intrude the real world of graphic design into your pipe-dream.
Staples in the UK has closed ALL its outlets. It’s completely online now. If I can get what they sell at its competitor Rymans, I will. Browsing stationery shops is a pleasure. Online does not grant the same joy.

14 Likes

17 Likes

22 Likes

Croquet, anyone?

18 Likes

I think that’s an abstract illustration of a stable and they just put the “b” on upside down.

15 Likes

So, they go through all the trouble years back to come up with a company name that cleverly addresses things they sell – specifically – stationary supplies and – more generally – things that one needs. Then they muck it all up by hanging on a staple?

7 Likes

At least the redesigned Diane Von Furstenberg logo makes all the others look good.

11 Likes

Are those two staples… making little staples?

11 Likes

Wow. Those are all really awful.

Just sayin’…

Also, they’re supposed to be logos, not just “here is the name of our company”. Graphical–like.

Oh well. Civilization comes to an end.

11 Likes

Maybe they could get into healthcare, too:

17 Likes