A woman with Covid charts the ridiculous amount of time and tests it took to find out she had it

"We are reaching out to inform you that there has been a shipping delay and there is a possibility your sample will not make it into the lab’s testing process within the sample viability range. We have opened an investigation with the courier and are thoroughly looking into this.

While you will receive an automated notification if your sample does not make it into the lab’s testing process by the sample viability range, we are reaching out to you preemptively to recommend that you retest."

7 Likes

So, their mistake, but you have to get back in line (if you can even find one at this point) to start the whole process over?

What a great holiday gift. /s

8 Likes

Well, yelling gives of at least an order of magnitude more aerosols, possibly negating your wearing a source control mask. So no yelling!

6 Likes

Well, yeah, my Rx only works if you are antisocial and hang out at home yelling “nah nah nah” at the walls.

7 Likes

In the UK here. We had an early birthday get together for a friend on Sunday, and heard on Monday morning that one of the guests showed symptoms and got a positive LFT. I started experiencing symptoms on Wednesday (though LFT that morning was clear), took a PCR at a drive thru on Thursday at 10am and had the positive result this morning via email at 5am.

I’m double jabbed and boosted, and symptoms so far are just a slight sore throat and a cloggy nose when I wake up. There must be so many people wandering around just thinking they’ve got a mild cold. On the plus side, it means I’ll be able to taste my (solitary) Christmas lunch tomorrow :grin:

It’s possible - I did an LFT today as well, and the result line was very pale. I’ve also seen reported research about how being vaccinated means you show symptoms sooner, ahead of even PCR reading positive - largely because your immune system now recognises the threat and starts trying to do something about it.

Even though there has been monumental waste/cronyism involved in the UK Test and Trace system, they are working hard - drive through PCR tests are available even on Christmas Day, with results within 24 hours.

10 Likes

Yeah.
Of course at this point it doesn’t matter, a negative can be false so either result is going to be the same course of action. Christmas is canceled.

Good news is I’m feeling good after a few days of hell* and I hate the holidays anyway. I’m going to watch the new Matrix on HBO.

*This shit is other worldly sick. I made an exception to my isolationism for a very special opportunity that wasn’t going to happen again. And it got me. Looking backwards it wasn’t worth it, I was very sick and very worried for a brief moment.

10 Likes

I had covid, had two negative tests, one PCR and one rapid. I never took another test because I stupidly assumed that the tests were fairly reliable.

2 Likes

I suspect this is why my county’s positivety rate went from stage 2 lvl to stage 5 lvl in 5 days. It is cedar pollen season. Most people have sniffles, stuffy nose, and sore throat from the cedar sperm flitting about. We are, unfortunately, used to ignoring it.

6 Likes

I’m hearin’ ya.
I opened the windows today, and tomorrow is going to be another warm day, probably open the windows again. I can’t help it. I like the warm weather.

Trees having sex.
I used to get cedar fever, and also oak fever, and ragweed fever. Every year. Ick!

9 Likes

I should note, anti-vax is a bit harsh. Vax-reluctant is more apt. And in this case, it has not ended well.

2 Likes

https://www.theoatmeal.com/comics/tree_love

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

i love that for the allergies vs covid pie chart they chose the blue vs red party affiliation color scheme. good gallows humor

it did not have to me like this. ugh.

( im now imagining an inception moment where the people yelling “wake up sheeple” are caught in a loop where they keep yelling it to wake up, only to find they’re really still asleep, so they yell it again, and on and on )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.