A worker drops a bunch of roofing material while a crowd hoots with amusment

Sack the juggler!

1 Like

And (lack of) friction.

2 Likes

How would you like to take on a dangerous and difficult task in front of an audience who hopes you fail?

I never took driver’s ed; my sister took me out to the desert one day when I was 19 and taught me how to drive. (On our way home, she taught me the art of eating on the road, which is a skill I’ve cherished ever since.) But she didn’t teach me how to parallel park.
Fast forward a year or so; I was the lowliest member of the MIS department in a manufacturing company, and I had to drive over to Plant #2 on the other end of town. The parking lot was full, so I had to parallel-park on the street out front… and it was lunchtime, so practically the whole shift (~75 people) was eating on the front lawn and watching me take cut after cut. At least I didn’t ding anybody’s fender - but that 15 minutes or so was the longest year of my life. I’m just glad that cell-phone cameras hadn’t been invented yet.

4 Likes

The building looks like a dormitory. Or school building? Either way, the hooting crowd (looked like students; watch near end of video) may express disappointment once the rains come.

1 Like

Or tack down a 2 X4 at the edge of the roof.

2 Likes

Tonight on “Will Dieter Fuck This Up?” Oh Dieter, we knew it would end badly. He can’t do anything right! Next week, Drawbridge Operator!

there was a line but that has just escaped my attention at the moment

Or rotate the bundle 90 degrees so that the open long end is not pointing down the roof

1 Like

A worker did not drop roofing sheets, the whole work crew is responsible for the accident. Plus, the lone worker on the roof had no fall arrest harness and safety line, luckily he didn’t go over the edge while trying to save what he could from sliding. Someone is responsible and it is not the lone worker on the roof.

You know how it goes, shit runs down hill. The manager and supervisor will make sure none of the shit lands on them.

2 Likes

Once the first sheet went, he was screwed. Coefficient of dynamic friction < coefficient of static friction.

1 Like

You used padding? Luxury! We dreamed of padding to land on! :rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.